There are 7 billion people on this planet. And by 2050, there will be 2 billion more... many moving into urban centers at an unprecedented rate. Making sure there is enough food, fiber and infrastructure for our rapidly growing world is what we’re all about at John Deere. And it’s why we’re investing in our people and our technology like never before in our 175-year history. Here the world’s brightest minds are tackling the world’s biggest challenges. If you believe one person can make the world a better place, we’ll put you to work. RIGHT NOW.
Primary Location: United States (US) - North Dakota (US-ND) - Fargo
Function: Supply Management / Logistics
Title: Part-Time Student - Supply Management - Fargo, ND - 59543
· The Purchasing student employment opportunity provides post-secondary students with general purchasing, supply management and operations experience.
· The student will work closely with the purchasing team and suppliers to help support production needs.
· Special project assignments are assigned when they arise.
· Run daily reports
· Proactively identify part shortages
· Review Supplier Contract changes
· Support Purchasing Team and Supervisor as needed
What It Takes
· Experience with spreadsheets desired.
· Desire strong problem solving and analytical skills.
· Possesses strong organizational skills.
· Strong written and verbal communication skills.
· Must have completed 2 years of university courses that included accounting or business courses and be currently enrolled full-time at an accredited university.
· Must be registered as a full-time student at a local university
· Must be able to commute to the work location on a daily basis
· Graduation date of May 2021 or later
· Cumulative GPA of 2.8 or above
· 16 - 20 hours/week during the academic year
· 35 - 40 hours/week during the summer semester
A Strong Candidate Will Also Have
· High level of attention to detail and accuracy
· Good interpersonal and conflict resolution skills Self-starter
What You'll Get
At John Deere, you are empowered to create a career that will take you to where you want to go. Here, you'll enjoy the freedom to explore new projects, the support to think outside the box and the advanced tools and technology that foster innovation and achievement. We offer comprehensive relocation and reward packages to help you get started on your new career path. Click here to find out more about our Total Rewards Package.
The information contained herein is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and qualifications required of individuals performing the job. The qualifications detailed in this job description are not considered the minimum requirements necessary to perform the job, but rather as guidelines.
John Deere is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, among other things, race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
Job Segment: Intern, Manager, Entry Level, Management