There are 7 billion people on this planet. And by 2050, there will be 2 billion more... many moving into urban centers at an unprecedented rate. Making sure there is enough food, fiber and infrastructure for our rapidly growing world is what we’re all about at John Deere. And it’s why we’re investing in our people and our technology like never before in our 175-year history. Here the world’s brightest minds are tackling the world’s biggest challenges. If you believe one person can make the world a better place, we’ll put you to work. RIGHT NOW.
Primary Location: United States (US) - Illinois (US-IL) - Milan
Function: Information Technology
Title: Cloud Software Engineer - 59860
As a Cloud Software Engineer for John Deere’s ADV Lab in Milan, IL, you will perform software development for John Deere AWS and Azure Cloud Platform. In addition, you will:
· Operate within an Agile team and participates in all aspects of that teams work
· Work within established guidelines such as coding standards, workflow, or tool standards
· Specialize in working on cloud computing systems and technologies
· Work with several other team members in the course of developing cloud software
Visa sponsorship IS available for this position.
What Skills You Need
· 3 or more years of experience with software development
· 2 or more years of experience with Agile development processes including: Test Driven Development and/or Test Automation
· 2 or more years of experience with infrastructure-as-code, automation, troubleshooting and root cause analysis
· 2 or more years of experience working with Amazon Web Services (AWS) platform technologies
· 1 or more years of experience working with Microsoft Azure platform technologies
· Willingness and ability to travel domestically and/or internationally up to 25%
What Makes You Stand Out
Other areas of experience or interest that will help us place you on the right team include:
· 3 or more years of experience with Java development
· 2 or more years of experience with Python development
· Experience with communicating technical decisions and their rationales to our clients and development teams
· Ability to work with cloud database and complex environments requiring high performance and scalability
· Experience working with offshore development teams
Education (or equivalent work experience)
· Bachelor's degree in Information Technology or Computer Science
What You'll Get
At John Deere, you are empowered to create a career that will take you to where you want to go. Here, you'll enjoy the freedom to explore new projects, the support to think outside the box and the advanced tools and technology that foster innovation and achievement. We offer comprehensive relocation and reward packages to help you get started on your new career path. Click here to find out more about our Total Rewards Package.
The information contained herein is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and qualifications required of individuals performing the job. The qualifications detailed in this job description are not considered the minimum requirements necessary to perform the job, but rather as guidelines.
John Deere is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, among other things, race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
Job Segment: Cloud, Developer, Software Engineer, Engineer, Computer Science, Technology, Engineering