There are 7 billion people on this planet. And by 2050, there will be 2 billion more... many moving into urban centers at an unprecedented rate. Making sure there is enough food, fiber and infrastructure for our rapidly growing world is what we’re all about at John Deere. And it’s why we’re investing in our people and our technology like never before in our 175-year history. Here the world’s brightest minds are tackling the world’s biggest challenges. If you believe one person can make the world a better place, we’ll put you to work. RIGHT NOW.
Primary Location: United States (US) - Illinois (US-IL) - Moline
Function: Information Technology
Title: Agile Coach - 59972
As an Agile Technical Coach for John Deere located in Moline, Illinois, you will teach, coach, and mentor technical engineering practices with a focus on the SAP platform for software development product teams. In addition, you will:
· Lead teams through technical transformation on the SAP platform by helping to implement object-oriented design principles, API abstraction design patterns, pipeline automation, quality practices including Test Driven Development, automated testing, and other modern development practices
· Technical pairing with developers involved in an embedded engagement
· Mentor agile practices with scrum and Kanban teams
Visa sponsorship is NOT available for this position.
What Skills You Need
· 8 or more years of software development experience in SAP ABAP
· Experience effectively teaching and mentoring teams and/or individuals
· 2 or more years of experience developing using Agile practices
· 2 or more years of experience using TDD and XP
· 2 or more years of experience with test automation (unit, integration, acceptance, or end to end)
· Ability to travel up to 25%
What Makes You Stand Out
· 4 or more years of experience with test automation (integration test, acceptance test, or end to end) on the SAP platform
· 4 or more years of experience using TDD and XP on the SAP platform
· 2 or more years of experience implementing an object-oriented design pattern on the SAP platform
· 2 or more years of experience implementing API abstraction patterns on the SAP platform
· Experience enabling developers - Experience in significant change management role
· Experience with DevOps principles and lean development
· Experience developing cloud-native applications (AWS/Azure)
· RESTful API development experience
Education (or equivalent work experience)
· Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent discipline
What You'll Get
At John Deere, you are empowered to create a career that will take you to where you want to go. Here, you'll enjoy the freedom to explore new projects, the support to think outside the box and the advanced tools and technology that foster innovation and achievement. We offer comprehensive relocation and reward packages to help you get started on your new career path. Click here to find out more about our Total Rewards Package.
The information contained herein is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and qualifications required of individuals performing the job. The qualifications detailed in this job description are not considered the minimum requirements necessary to perform the job, but rather as guidelines.
John Deere is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, among other things, race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
Nearest Major Market: Davenport
Nearest Secondary Market: Moline
Job Segment: ERP, SAP, Engineer, Embedded, Computer Science, Technology, Engineering