PROJECT COORDINATOR, BROKERAGE – SAN FRANCISCO
Location: San Francisco, CA
Reports to: VP, Markets Operations, Northwest Region
We’re JLL. We’re a professional services and investment management firm specializing in real estate. As a Fortune 200 company, we help real estate owners, occupiers and investors achieve their business ambitions. We have nearly 300 corporate offices across 80 countries, with a team of more than 86,000 individuals.
If you’re looking to step up your career, JLL is the perfect professional home. With us, you’ll have a chance to innovate with the world’s leading businesses, put that expertise into action on landmark projects, and work on game-changing real estate initiatives. You’ll also make long-lasting professional connections and be inspired by the best. We’re focused on opportunity and want to help you make the most of yours. Achieve your ambitions—join us at JLL!
What this job involves
We are seeking a Project Coordinator to join our Brokerage team and provide high level support, often handling a large amount of details relating to complex retail real estate transactions, to 5 leasing brokers. You will help manage deal transactions, customize marketing materials, client interaction, new business activities, moderate financial management, and general support. This is a fast-paced, team-oriented environment partnering with brokers, research, marketing, finance and coordinators to help in the overall success of the office. The role provides a unique opportunity with exposure to all aspects of the business in an excelling market with high visibility. We promote an organizational culture of trust and teamwork, build an inclusive work environment that embraces diversity, and elevate our people to achieve business growth.
· Prepare documents including Request for Proposals, Letters of Intent, customer and prospect correspondence, leasing status reports, account invoices, etc. with direction from brokers and/or knowledge of company policies, procedures and best practices
· Maintain all landlord agency listing expiration dates and submit renewal letters when appropriate
· Manage all listings on brokerage listing services including CoStar and Loopnet
· Create and maintain intranet sites for client and property purposes including, View the Space and Hightower
· Support the market team in the preparation of flyers, brochures and email distributions
· Create and edit presentations, pitches, and client deliverables for prospect/client meetings with PowerPoint, Adobe InDesign and Microsoft Software
· Gather research information and create market surveys and tour books by adding building information, maps and pictures and CoStar data
· Organize and participate in periodic client meetings and/or calls
· Assist and participate in planning as needed for industry functions or client events and open houses
· Update and maintain company Contact Relationship Management database to track prospects, clients and deal information
· Process deal file paperwork, gather and label required documents, obtain necessary approvals
· Manage, update and post transactions to financial software system, Dealio
· Update and maintain broker professional profiles and other team marketing related material as needed
· Provide interface for brokers on IT issues, including computer needs, email, calendar maintenance, voicemail, phone, and other related technology and equipment
· Track and process broker expense reports
· Participate in regular coordinator and business unit meetings
· Perform general duties such as printing, binding, scheduling meetings, greeting clients, conference room set up, making travel arrangements and front desk coverage as needed to further support and leverage the sales process
· Duties assigned as the business needs require
Experience and qualifications
· 1-3 years relevant experience supporting multiple people preferably in the commercial real estate industry or other professional services organization
· Bachelor’s Degree preferred, but not required
· High level of proficiency and working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, Power Point, Outlook required and knowledge of Adobe Software such as InDesign and Photoshop a plus
· Work enthusiastically in a team atmosphere, promoting collaboration and idea sharing verbally and through action
· Strong organizational, interpersonal and communication skills
· Strong ability to multi-task with multiple projects and deadlines in a “high-volume” fast paced environment
· Strong proofreading and editing abilities
· Ability to manage time well and be self-motivated, without direct supervision
· Strong client service orientation; proactive working style and friendly, helpful attitude
· Commitment to high professional ethical standards
What you can expect from us
We’re an entrepreneurial, inclusive culture. We succeed together—across the desk and around the globe. We believe the best inspire the best, so we invest in supporting each other, learning together and celebrating our success.
Our Total Rewards program reflects our commitment to helping you achieve your ambitions in career, recognition, well-being, benefits and pay. We’ll offer you a competitive salary and benefits package.
With us, you’ll develop your strengths and enjoy a career full of varied experiences. We can’t wait to see where your ambitions take you at JLL.
JLL Privacy Notice
Jones Lang LaSalle (JLL), together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading global provider of real estate and investment management services. We take our responsibility to protect the personal information provided to us seriously. Generally the personal information we collect from you are for the purposes of processing in connection with JLL’s recruitment process. We endeavour to keep your personal information secure with appropriate level of security and keep for as long as we need it for legitimate business or legal reasons. We will then delete it safely and securely.
For more information about how JLL processes your personal data, please view our Candidate Privacy Statement .
For additional details please see our career site pages for each country.
For employees in the United States, please see a fully copy of our Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action policy here .
Jones Lang LaSalle (“JLL”) is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process – including the online application and/or overall selection process – you may email us at Accommodation.Reques@am.jl..com . This email is only to request an accommodation. Please direct any other general recruiting inquiries to our Contact Us page > I want to work for JLL.