Responsible for receiving and sorting incoming mail and/or packages to distribute to other departments or individuals.
Area of Responsibility
Key Elements and Essential Tasks
Time Spent on Task
· Sort and collate mail
· Dispose of junk mail
· Sort mail, such as returned letters, adjustments, bills, orders and payments
· Resolve issues with incorrect, returned mail
· Receive outgoing mail and apply correct postage
· Arrange for pickup of outgoing mail
· Stamp mail with postage meters
· Fold letters, circulars or other documents and insert into envelopes for distribution
· Record registered mail
· Place mail in proper buckets for distribution
· Process outgoing shipments (Fed-Ex, UPS, DHL and USPS)
· Weigh mail to determine correct postage
· Place mail in metal bins and carry to departments for distribution
· Operate forklift and electronic pallet jacks as needed
· Unload mail from trucks
· Perform hospitality services and minor housekeeping items
· Provide reception relief as needed
· Ensure office is adequately stocked with mail supplies
· Stock copy rooms and printing devices
· Provide support for small office moves
· Set up and tear down conference rooms
· Any and all other duties and tasks assigned.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
· Candidate must have a high school diploma or GED equivalent
Years of relevant experience
· 1-2 years of previous mailroom experience
Skills and knowledge
· Excellent communication skills in English, both written and oral
· Excellent computer skills, specifically word processing and database entry and knowledge of fax and scanning machines
· Ability to learn quickly
· Ability to sort the mail in a way to help ease and speed of delivery
· Certified Fork Lift Operator
Physical work requirements and work conditions
· Must be able to lift a minimum of 50 lbs
· Ability to spend much of the day on his/her feet
· Must be able to work quickly with hands and have good hand/eye coordination
JLL Privacy Notice
Jones Lang LaSalle (JLL), together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading global provider of real estate and investment management services. We take our responsibility to protect the personal information provided to us seriously. Generally the personal information we collect from you are for the purposes of processing in connection with JLL’s recruitment process. We endeavour to keep your personal information secure with appropriate level of security and keep for as long as we need it for legitimate business or legal reasons. We will then delete it safely and securely.
For more information about how JLL processes your personal data, please view our Candidate Privacy Statement .
California Residents only
If you are a California resident as defined in the California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) please view our Supplemental Privacy Statement which describes your rights and disclosures about your personal information. If you are viewing this on a mobile device you may want to view the CCPA version on a larger device.
For additional details please see our career site pages for each country.
For employees in the United States, please see a fully copy of our Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action policy here .
Jones Lang LaSalle (“JLL”) is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process – including the online application and/or overall selection process – you may email us at Accommodation.Reques@am.jll.com . This email is only to request an accommodation. Please direct any other general recruiting inquiries to our Contact Us page > I want to work for JLL.