JLL (NYSE: JLL) is a leading professional services firm that specializes in real estate and investment management. Our vision is to reimagine the world of real estate, creating rewarding opportunities and amazing spaces where people can achieve their ambitions. In doing so, we will build a better tomorrow for our clients, our people and our communities. JLL is a Fortune 500 company with annual revenue of $16.3 billion, operations in over 80 countries and a global workforce of nearly 92,000 as of June 30, 2019. JLL is the brand name, and a registered trademark, of Jones Lang LaSalle Incorporated. For further information, visit jll.com
If you’re looking to step up your career, JLL is the perfect professional home. With us, you’ll have a chance to innovate with the world’s leading businesses, put that expertise into action on landmark projects, and work on game-changing real estate initiatives. You’ll also make long-lasting professional connections and be inspired by the best. We’re focused on opportunity and want to help you make the most of yours. Achieve your ambitions—join us at JLL!
The Building Operator will have a strong focus on operating, maintaining, troubleshooting and repairing facility equipment on all systems. Individuals are expected to demonstrate technical expertise in (Electrical, HVAC, Plumbing and Fire & Safety systems) and be multi-skilled in general maintenance to successfully complete daily/weekly/monthly work assignments.
· Ensure that work performed in client space is accomplished with a minimum of disruption and is followed by adequate cleanup
· Perform maintenance, monitoring repairs to the Mechanical, Plumbing, Structural, Furniture, Fire, Life Safety, and Control systems for the facility to keep facility and building systems up to applicable standards as assigned
· Maintains responsibility for facility services, preventative maintenance, purchasing and inventory control, contracted maintenance, general maintenance and technical proficiency
· Ensure the availability of an adequate operating inventory of tools and supplies and develop sources for stock materials related to maintaining the facility
· Record readings and make adjustments where necessary to ensure proper operation of equipment
· Maintenance of the equipment will include cleaning, inspecting, calibrating and changing parts to maintain the HVAC systems and associated equipment at optimum performance levels
· Comply with departmental policy for the safe storage, usage, and disposal of hazardous materials; maintain a clean and safe workplace
· Assist in review dailey and monthly client service request summaries to pinpoint and correct recurrent operational problems
· Evaluate vendors and suppliers on a regular basis with regard to quality and competitive pricing
· Prepare and submit work order requests for work completed outside the daily work order system
· Verify the accuracy of deliveries for count, pricing, and description
· Perform periodic checks of tool and instrument inventory
· Monitor the quality and pricing of maintenance work performed by outside contractors
· Lead and/or assist with event setup/teardown activities including electrical, audio visual, coordinating with security or other tasks as needed
· Perform additional job duties as requested
· ***5th class ticket or equivalent***
· Ability to analyze the operation of various systems, determine the cause of any problems/malfunctions and take corrective action as required
· Working knowledge of computer applications including Word, Excel and BMS systems
· The individual in this role must be available for Call-in work and perform other duties as required.
· Be available to participate in the on-call rotation
· A minimum 2 years experience as an operator in an office building environment.
· Criminal back ground check will be required
Qualified applicants may submit their resume and cover letter to Careers.Canada@am.jll.com .
Please cite the position title in the subject line of the email. We thank all applicants for their interest, but please be advised that only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
JONES LANG LASALLE IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Jones Lang LaSalle is an equal opportunity employer and committed to recruiting, developing and maintaining a diverse workforce in compliance with all applicable Human Rights legislation. The Company will endeavor to make reasonable accommodations up to the point of undue hardship, for disabilities made known to it by its employees and applicants.
JLL Privacy Notice
Jones Lang LaSalle (JLL), together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading global provider of real estate and investment management services. We take our responsibility to protect the personal information provided to us seriously. Generally the personal information we collect from you are for the purposes of processing in connection with JLL’s recruitment process. We endeavour to keep your personal information secure with appropriate level of security and keep for as long as we need it for legitimate business or legal reasons. We will then delete it safely and securely.
For more information about how JLL processes your personal data, please view our Candidate Privacy Statement .
For additional details please see our career site pages for each country.
For employees in the United States, please see a fully copy of our Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action policy here .
Jones Lang LaSalle (“JLL”) is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process – including the online application and/or overall selection process – you may email us at Accommodation.Reques@am.jll.com . This email is only to request an accommodation. Please direct any other general recruiting inquiries to our Contact Us page > I want to work for JLL.