Provide full scale accounting support for the property management team, and function as a key member of this management team.
Location Chicago, IL
· Prepare and distribute monthly financial reports – prepare monthly journal entries, financial statement preparation and bank reconciliations.
· Oversee Accounts Receivable process – monitor cash receipts, review and bill tenant recurring charges and billing adjustments and perform tenant ledger reconciliations.
· Coordinate Accounts Payable process – set up new vendors, review invoice coding and approvals, and ensure proper audit trail is in place.
· Collect and Maintain Monthly Leasing Information – tracking capital expenditures, security deposits, letter of credits and entering into accounting system
· Review leases and leasing activity to ensure accurate billing.
· Review easement agreements and loan agreement to comply with financial deadlines.
· Assist Property Management with the collections process
· Assist with annual budget preparation – compile key assumptions and capital budget information, maintain lease level budgeting for all tenants, review and enter budget information into the accounting system, process estimates for miscellaneous income and specialty leasing.
· Annual year-end reconciliation process – CAM, percentage rent, insurance utilities, sewer/trash, real estate taxes. Coordinate payroll reporting process.
· Assist in all audits at the property.
· Prepare and enter manual billing adjustments
· Perform tenant ledger reconciliation to ensure proper cash application
· Prepare and properly document journal entries
· Prepare and track accruals and accrual entries
· Assist with Budgets and Forecasts as needed
· Assist with the calculation of fees as needed
· Responsible for cash management of assigned properties
· Any and other task as assigned
· Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting required
· 1-2 years accounting/bookkeeping experience required
· Microsoft office product knowledge, Excel and real estate accounting software preferred
· Adaptability – maintains effectiveness in varying environments, tasks and responsibilities, or with various types of people
· Planning and Organizing – establish course of action to accomplish goals and evaluates results, develops schedules and task/people assignments, can orchestrate multiple activities at once to accomplish goals, uses resources effectively and efficiently Customer Focus – dedicated to meeting the expectations and requirements of the external and internal customer, acts with customer in mind, establishes and maintains effective relationships with customers, and gains their trust and respect
· Dealing with Ambiguity – can effectively cope with change, can shift gears comfortably, can decide and act without having the total picture, can comfortably handle risk and uncertainty Learning on the Fly - learns quickly when facing new problems, open to change, quickly grasps the essence and underlying structure of anything, enjoys the challenge of unfamiliar tasks
· Drive for Results – can be counted on to exceed goals successfully, bottom line oriented, pushes self and other for results
JLL Privacy Notice
Jones Lang LaSalle (JLL), together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading global provider of real estate and investment management services. We take our responsibility to protect the personal information provided to us seriously. Generally the personal information we collect from you are for the purposes of processing in connection with JLL’s recruitment process. We endeavour to keep your personal information secure with appropriate level of security and keep for as long as we need it for legitimate business or legal reasons. We will then delete it safely and securely.
For more information about how JLL processes your personal data, please view our Candidate Privacy Statement .
For additional details please see our career site pages for each country.
For employees in the United States, please see a fully copy of our Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action policy here .
Jones Lang LaSalle (“JLL”) is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process – including the online application and/or overall selection process – you may email us at Accommodation.Reques@am.jll.com . This email is only to request an accommodation. Please direct any other general recruiting inquiries to our Contact Us page > I want to work for JLL.