It’s amazing what can happen over a cup of coffee' . At JACOBS DOUWE EGBERTS (JDE) , we’ve made it our mission to find out. Our people have been raising the bar since day one, thinking fast and acting even faster to make an impact that’s felt around the world. JDE is the home to some of the most well-known coffee brands in the world.
For more than 265 years, we have been inspired by the belief. Today our coffee & tea portfolio is available in over 140 countries around the world through iconic household names including: J acobs, Tassimo, Moccona, Senseo, L’OR, Douwe Egberts, Super, Kenco, Pilao & Gevalia etc.
What’s it like to work at JACOBS DOUWE EGBERTS?
At JDE, we are convinced that to grow our company we need to grow our people – through learning, coaching and experiences. We want you to be the best that you can be and encourage you to take ownership for your career.
This position is responsible for operating, continuous improvement, maintaining and repairing the facility's ammonia refrigeration plant in order to maximize throughput while optimizing quality and adhering to safe operating procedures. This position is also responsible for assisting in the upkeep, repair, and operation of the facility's ammonia refrigeration users including CAB coolers (freezing belt), air cooler (grinding & sieving room), cold room dehumidifiers, ice cream freezer machine, freeze dryer vapour traps.
You will play an important role, such as:
· Operate and conduct routine service, maintenance, and repair of the plant's refrigeration systems. This will include all compressors, pumps, motors, evaporators, and condensers.
· Collaborate with other departments to ensure continuous production of the plant (24/7). In particular, working closely with production area owners to ensure optimal quality and efficiency is being achieved.
· Operate, maintain and repair the plant's refrigeration systems safely and in accordance to government regulations.
· Ensure all daily tasks are completed to effectively meet the requirements of the federal and state regulations and the company's standards.
· Monitoring and paying close attention to daily logs and record-keeping is vital.
· Organizes autonomous and preventive maintenance as required to ensure continuous production of the plant (24/7).
· Assist with inventories and ordering of parts and supplies.
· Directly reporting to Utilities Manager
To succeed in this role, it is required of you to have:
· A minimum of Bachelor's Degree in Engineering (Electrical/Electronic), Engineering (Mechanical), Engineering (Others), Engineering (Mechatronic/Electromechanical) or equivalent;
· Previous experience with large, industrial ammonia refrigeration systems mandatory (minimum 3 years). Preferably having worked as design engineer or commissioning engineer in the field;
· Must comply and follow all Malaysian laws & regulations related to operation of ammonia plants, and the company's standards;
· Mechanical aptitude, resourcefulness, and troubleshooting skills are a necessity.
· Fluent English (to communicate with foreign operators);
· Computer proficiency with excellent ability to use Microsoft Office Products is important;
· Fast-paced, energetic, innovative & creative. Has natural ability to think out of the box;
· Team player with strong analytical & problem-solving skills;
· To be able to work in Permas Jaya, Johor Bahru;
Other benefits you might be interested:
· Medical, Parking
· Handphone, Transportation, Attendance allowance
· Flexi working hour & 2-days Flexi Leave additional from your Annual Leave
· Outstanding Career Development Opportunities
· The best coffee and tea served all day in our office – Can you imagine that?
Are you ready to make that career shift & grow a great portfolio with us? Click the ‘I'm Interested’ button and we will get in touch with you soon.
Thank you for your interest in JDE, please note we will only reach out to successful candidates.
Videos To Watch