J.P. Morgan Private Banking – Wealth Management – Credit Middle Office - Credit Control Analyst– Geneva
J.P. Morgan Asset& Wealth Management, with client assets of $2.4 trillion, is a global leader in investment and wealth management. Its clients include institutions, high-net-worth individuals and retail investors in every major market throughout the world. The division offers investment management across all major asset classes including equities, fixed income, alternatives, multi-asset and money market funds. For individual investors, the business also provides retirement products and services, brokerage and banking services including trusts and estates, loans, mortgages and deposits.
The Geneva Credit Middle Office is part of Private Banking Operations. We work closely with the Lending Solution team, Credit Underwriting team and Credit Executives. The main focus of the Team is to monitor daily client credit exposure, review and approve transactions in line with the internal credit procedures and policies keeping first class client service in mind. The functions performed by this team are critical to protecting the bank from potential credit losses.
We are currently seeking a Credit Control Specialist to join our Credit Control Team. The position responsibilities includes functions such as administration and monitoring of credit facilities in line with corporate credit policy, review & monitoring of credit covenants, transaction approval as well as day-to-day quality control review, facilitating cross functional meetings, providing guidance and consultation to data owners, and working collaboratively with stakeholders and management to ensure quality performance is monitored, communicated and implemented in accordance with firm policies and standard operating procedures.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
· Perform quality review of Credit underwriting, Credit risk monitoring and portfolio reporting as well as audit documentation.
· Review and approval of loan drawdowns in line with our credit policy
· Monitoring daily credit exposure, over-limits and unauthorized activities to ensure compliance with policy and procedure; determine resolution plans in partnership with the front office
· Review Credit Approval Memorandum (CAM) requests, and submit for appropriate credit approval within the corporate credit policy framework
· Maintenance and monitoring of collateral values; identifying, investigating and reporting collateral shortfall situations; ensuring prompt resolution in partnership with the front office
· Booking and monitoring of SBLC’s as well as Credit Card and physical guarantees
· Identification, maintenance and monitoring of covenants
· Tracking of covenant compliance according to Credit Policy
· Investigating and reporting of non-compliant covenants
· Maintenance and monitoring of Special Lending Values, including positions and portfolio level LV overrides
· Participate as required to meet schedules or resolve problems at peer level
· Ensuring controls and procedures are solid, up to date and properly followed
· Building and maintaining partnership with our peers
· Participate in projects / initiatives as required
· University graduate or relevant professional qualification and/or relevant commercial experience.
· Previous experience in Credit Middle Office, credit documentation, or control function.
· Experience in reviewing and checking credit/loan documentation to ensure accuracy and quality of documentation
· Languages: Fluency in English, French a plus.
· Proficient in Microsoft Office: Word & Excel. Access skills an advantage
· Proactive, responsive team player who can thrive in a dynamic and changing environment
· Strong commitment, sense of integrity and exceptional drive
· Ability to prioritize, take initiative and meet deadlines under pressure
· Aptitude to digest large amounts of information and use it to develop innovative solutions
· Strong organizational skills, strong attention to detail and problem-solving skills
· Excellent interpersonal skills with an ability to communicate at all levels efficiently also in a virtual team environment
· Good judgment and discretion working with highly confidential information
· Ability to take a corporate perspective
· Strong solution based problem solving and analytical skills, able to add value rather than just accept the status-quo