JPMorgan Chase & Co. is a leading global financial services firm with assets of more than $2 trillion, over 265,000 employees and operations in more than 60 countries. It operates across four business segments including Corporate & Investment Banking, Commercial Banking, Asset Management, Consumer & Community Banking.
The private banking division of J.P. Morgan Chase & Co. is part of the Asset Management business segment. We have offered for over 160 years customised solutions and client service of the highest quality to solve complex needs of wealthy individuals and their families around the world. Our EMEA headquarter is located in Switzerland: J.P. Morgan (Suisse) SA employs more than 1000 people across its Geneva and Zurich premises.
The Geneva Credit Middle Office is part of Private Banking Operations. We work closely with the Capital Advisory team, Underwriting Team, Centralized Lending Team and Credit Executives. The main focus of the Team is to monitor daily client credit exposure, review and approve transactions in line with the internal credit procedures and policies keeping first class client service in mind.
· The main focus of the role is to facilitate the approval of credit transactions and perform related controls. Specific duties include:
· Review and approval of payments and asset transfers from a credit standpoint
· Review and approval of loan drawdowns in line with our credit policy
· Monitoring daily credit exposure, overlimits and unauthorized activities to ensure compliance with policy and procedure; determine resolution plans in partnership with the front office
· Maintenance and monitoring of collateral values; identifying, investigating and reporting collateral shortfall situations; ensuring prompt resolution in partnership with the front office
· Booking and monitoring of Stand By Letter of Credit (SBLC) as well as Credit Card and physical guarantees
· Review Credit Approval Memorandum (CAM) requests, and submit for appropriate credit approval within the corporate credit policy framework
· Set up and amend facilities in our corporate systems in accordance with the CAM requests in a timely manner
· Ensuring controls and procedures are solid, up to date and properly followed
· Building and maintaining partnership with our peers
· Up to 3 years relevant experience
· General understanding of the private banking business and credit products
· Languages: good written & oral communication skills in English
· Proactive, responsive team player who can thrive in a dynamic and changing environment
· Strong commitment, sense of integrity and exceptional drive
· Ability to prioritize, take initiative and meet deadlines under pressure
· Aptitude to digest large amounts of information and use it to develop innovative solutions
· Possess strong attention to detail and problem-solving skills
· Excellent interpersonal skills with an ability to communicate efficiently also in a virtual team environment
· Good judgment and discretion working with highly confidential information
· Ability to take a corporate perspective
· Proficient in Microsoft Office
But beyond that, we’re most interested in the things that make you, you: the personal qualities, outside interests and achievements beyond academia that demonstrate the kind of person you are and the difference you could bring to the team.
J.P. Morgan Chase & Co. offers an exceptional benefits program and a highly competitive compensation package.
J.P. Morgan Chase & Co. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
If you would like to pursue a career with J.P. Morgan Chase & Co.'s Private Bank, please apply online providing a cover letter and CV in English.
Due to restrictions of the Office Cantonal de la Population de Genève, we will only be able to consider applications from applicants with a valid Swiss work permit or holding a Swiss or European nationality.