JPMorgan Asset Management is part of the Asset & Wealth Management Business of JPMorgan. We draw on a full range of capabilities to provide integrated financial solutions for institutions and individuals worldwide and our broad range of financial services activities offers an exceptional range of career opportunities. If you are interested in working in an environment where leadership, excellence, initiative and diversity are amongst our core values, then we welcome you to explore the opportunities at JPMorgan.
Equities Trading is a global trading desk within JP Morgan Asset Management, that executes over $5bn every day across all the major markets in the world. Our team are building best in class trading platforms that enable industry leading execution for our clients. We execute the full spectrum of flow from high volume low touch orders that need to be handled in a fully automated way, to smaller numbers of extremely large orders that demand high levels of sophistication in execution methodology.
The Equities Trading Technology team are looking for the very best and brightest agile technologists across the globe to be part of a multi-year program to revolutionize how the buy-side executes in the market. In short our ambition is to turn trading from an art to a science by building industry leading technology platforms to manage orders, execute trades across the full array of equities products and automate the trading lifecycle.
We want developers that:
· Are passionate technologists who care about the code they engineer the quality and elegance of the solutions they build.
· Are focused on continuous improvement and fast iterative delivery
· Are comfortable working directly with traders and quants in a BA free environment
From a technology perspective we are looking for experienced technologists that:
· Have excellent knowledge of core Java
· Practice TDD and BDD engineering techniques
· Have an understanding of java IOC frameworks such as Spring or Guice
· Understand next generation messaging and streaming technologies such as Kafka, Solace or Ignite
In return you will be joining a team that:
· Values the very best technologists and promotes the technical career path within financial services
· Can go from code complete to production in under an hour
· Deploys code to production daily
· Encourages creative thinking and those that bring new ideas to the team on how to make us better
· Has proximity to the traders and quants who are equally passionate about technology making a difference with technology
We are serious about what we want to do and achieve. We believe in technology as a differentiator between us and our competitors. Put simply the better the technology we have, the better service we will be able to deliver our clients. Some of the press articles below outline our ambition:
Transforming Trading with Machine Learning
Automation in Asia
The 2018 Trading Tech 40
Bringing finance to the forefront of innovation
Best Execution: Adding Science to the Art of Trading
Equities Leaders Summit
60 second interview with Kenneth McLeish