As a member of our Software Engineering Group you will dive head-first into creating innovative solutions that advance businesses and careers. You’ll join an inspiring and curious team of technologists dedicated to improving the design, analytics, development, coding, testing and application programming that goes into creating high quality software and new products. You’ll be tasked with keeping the team and other key stakeholders up to speed on the progress of what’s being developed. Coming in with an understanding of the importance of end-to-end software development-such as Agile frameworks-is key. And best of all, you’ll be working with and sharing ideas, information and innovation with our global team of technologists from all over the world.
We are seeking a highly motivated Java Developer, to work on the Global Product workstream in the EMEA Client Technology Team. The candidate will need to work with both internal and external clients. You will have good communication skills and have experience of working in an agile development team.
· Developing high quality code
· Working closely with the business to understand and define requirements
· experience working as a software developer
· Delivery focussed with a proven track record in Software Development
· SQL and relational database skills
· Full-stack Java web application development expertise
· Experience with Java, Spring Framework, Hibernate and REST services
· Experience with Unit, Functional and Load testing tools, such as JUnit, Selenium, and JMeter
· Comfortable working in Linux environment
· Experience with Source Code management system - Git,Stash, and BitBucket
· Experience with Agile development methodologies
· Strong analytical and logical skills for problem solving and to provide technical solutions.=
· Self motivated and capable of working autonomously with minimal management supervision
· Owns issues, risks and defects, tracking them through to resolution or escalation where appropriate
· Knowledge of ETL tools such as Pentaho
· Knowledge of the Fund industry ideally gained through working for a large investment management company
· Micro Service technologies
· Experience in DevOps - build, deployment, integration, code management and similar tools like Jenkins, Maven, automated deployment etc.
· Experience with Cucumber for Behaviour Driven Development
· Numerate degree preferred
· A-levels/equivalent qualification
· ISEB Diploma in Business Analysis
Our Asset and Wealth Management division is driven by innovators like you who are driven to create technology solutions that make us work more efficiently and help our businesses grow. It’s our mission to efficiently take care of our clients’ wealth, helping them get, and remain properly invested. Across 27 cities, our team of 4,600 agile technologists thrive in a cloud-native environment that values continuous learning using a data-centric approach in developing innovative technology solutions.
When you work at JPMorgan Chase & Co., you’re not just working at a global financial institution. You’re an integral part of one of the world’s biggest tech companies. In 14 technology hubs worldwide, our team of 40,000+ technologists design, build and deploy everything from enterprise technology initiatives to big data and mobile solutions, as well as innovations in electronic payments, cybersecurity, machine learning, and cloud development. Our $9.5B+ annual investment in technology enables us to hire people to create innovative solutions that will not only transform the financial services industry, but also change the world.
At JPMorgan Chase & Co. we value the unique skills of every employee, and we’re building a technology organization that thrives on diversity. We encourage professional growth and career development, and offer competitive benefits and compensation. If you’re looking to build your career as part of a global technology team tackling big challenges that impact the lives of people and companies all around the world, we want to meet you.
JPMorgan Chase & Co. is an equal opportunity employer.