Site Reliability Engineer (SRE) – Job Requirement
JPMorgan Chase & Co. (NYSE: JPM) is a leading global financial services firm with assets of $2.6 trillion and operations worldwide. The firm is a leader in investment banking, financial services for consumers and small business, commercial banking, financial transaction processing, and asset management. A component of the Dow Jones Industrial Average, JPMorgan Chase & Co. serves millions of consumers in the United States and many of the world’s most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under its J.P. Morgan and Chase brands. Information about JPMorgan Chase & Co. is available at http://www.jpmorganchase.com/ .
Global Technology Infrastructure (GTI) is the technology infrastructure organization for the firm, delivering a wide range of products and services and partnering with all lines of business to provide high quality service delivery, exceptional project execution and financially disciplined approaches and processes in the most cost effective manner.
Site Reliability Engineering (SRE) is an engineering discipline that combines software and systems engineering to build and run large-scale, massively distributed, fault-tolerant systems. This position is for a Site Reliability Engineer responsible for the development and implementation of processes necessary to improve application / system reliability along with operational support. The position would comprise of approximately equal focus on both software development and Infrastructure operation disciplines. This position will also develop software to automate operational processes along with coding for the shared engineering backlog deliverables.
· Engage with the development team throughout the life cycle to help build for reliability
· Develop software to automate manual operational work
· The workload for the position would comprise 50% software development and 50% Infrastructure Operations (the proportionate allocation might vary)
· Run, maintain and improve the service against established Service Level Objectives by applying software engineering principles
· Responsible for the availability, performance, change management, monitoring, and capacity management of their services
· Troubleshoot priority incidents, conduct blameless post-mortems and ensure permanent closure of the incidents
· Analyze patterns of production incidents, develop permanent remediation plans, and implement automation to prevent future incidents from occurring through software engineering
· Facilitates maximum speed of delivery by objectively binding to error budgets of the service.
· Manage the efforts to split between manual operational work and engineering work
· Participate in a shift model covering 24x7x365 support
· Development and implementation of CI/CD pipelines using standardized deployment tools.
· Bachelor's degree (or equivalent experience) in Computer Science/Engineering
· Experience in building enterprise software and proficiency in multiple languages preferably Java, Python, Shell scripting
· Experience working in an Agile Development environment
· Proven ability to understand and troubleshoot complex problems under pressure
· Good working knowledge of Cloud Engineering. Understanding of private cloud principles and exposure to public cloud offerings such as AWS, Azure, GCP or similar technology is preferred
· Experience in performance engineering and monitoring using tools such as AppDynamics, Splunk, Apica, Jmeter
· Experience with Configuration Management tool like Ansible / Puppet / Chef / Powershell
· Incident resolution experience in an large scale operations environment
· Experience/knowledge administering application servers, web servers, and databases (Tomcat, WebSphere, Nginx, Microsoft IIS, Oracle, MySQL, etc.)
About J.P. Morgan Chase & Co:
J.P. Morgan serves one of the largest client franchises in the world. Our clients include corporations, institutional investors, hedge funds, governments and affluent individuals in more than 100 countries. J.P. Morgan is part of JPMorgan Chase & Co. (NYSE: JPM), a leading global financial services firm with assets of $2.1 trillion. The firm is a leader in investment banking, financial services for consumers, small business and commercial banking, financial transaction processing, asset management, and private equity. A component of the Dow Jones Industrial Average, JPMorgan Chase serves millions of clients and consumers under its JPMorgan and Chase, and WaMu brands.
J.P. Morgan offers an exceptional benefits program and a highly competitive compensation package. J.P. Morgan is an Equal Opportunity Employer