You will join a new engineering team in the Corporate and Investment Bank (CIB) responsible for delivering solutions to our clients in data science and the CIB technology organisation and beyond. The challenges we are looking at involve modelling, tracking, transforming, processing and joining data at scale on elastic compute; capturing and composing APIs and understanding how to control and evolve them.
The team will be in part of a wider org responsible for data science platform delivery, cloud strategy/delivery and the CIB’s DevOps/continuously delivery platform. As such we will be partnering with our peers to deliver cutting edge solutions and tools on both the client & server side. The team will be comprised of 10 hands-on developers from mixed skillsets. This is a chance for you to deliver a green-field project for the most successful investment bank in the world, with opportunities to help define and own the future state architecture and approach exciting problems from the ground up.
As a data/cloud engineer you will deliver scalable server side solutions on elastic compute in Java or Scala, working with the other client and server side devs in the team and external users of our solutions.
· Applied development experience in Java and/or Scala
· Distributed computing knowledge – ideally in a cloud environment
· Familiar with TDD and/or BDD
· Familiar with SQL/No-SQL databases
· Working with Agile, Lean and Continuous Delivery and best practices
· Knowledge of software best practices like refactoring, clean code, domain driven design, encapsulation etc.
· Good communication skills
· Numerate degree or equivalent (Computer Science , Engineering, Mathematics)
· Appreciation of challenges involved in serialization, data modelling and schema migration
· Functional and type level programming experience
· Micro services and messaging
· Public cloud technology (AWS or similar)
· Big Data processing with Apache Spark
· Model and domain driven design concepts and model-to-model (M2M) transformation