Athena is J.P. Morgan's cross-market risk management and trading system that provides functionality for traders, salespeople and operations staff globally. It is used in our foreign exchange, fixed income, credit and commodities businesses. Athena includes a globally replicated object-oriented database, a powerful dependency graph and a fully integrated stack across pricing, risk and trading tools. The code is a combination of Python and C++: C++ for speed, and Python for flexibility and rapid but controlled releases. Athena is designed to provide a continuous deployment environment, and pull developers close to the business to help increase revenues, while improving operational processes and controls to reduce costs.
The role requires a technically strong and disciplined developer. A record of delivering high quality, well-tested solutions in a mature controlled environment is a prerequisite. The role will require an ability to attain clear understanding of Athena environment and of the unique design considerations that come into play in a diverse and highly interdependent systems environment. A high level of interaction with the business is required as application involved are revenue generating and directly used by the businesses globally.
Candidates will develop mostly Python based solutions. Roles would face off to business users in FX (Options, Cash etc), Commodities (Metals, Energy, Ags etc) & Emerging Markets teams.
· Working with users from the front and middle office to ensure that business requirements are met.
· Interact effectively with high-volume trading desks and partner operations areas to understand day-to-day requirements and issues needing timely resolution
· Build tools (electronic trading, deal booking, workflow, blotter etc.), reports ( risk, pnl, MIS etc.) and feeds ( market data, reconciliations etc.) to meet various business requirements.
· Contribute to inter-team and cross-team efforts to enforce standards and ensure designs adhere to optimum patterns
· Strong technologist with experience developing in object oriented languages
· Applied development experience in one or more of object oriented languages such as Python, Java, C++, C#
· Good investment banking experience. Fair understanding of trading and modelling of financial securities
· Good communication skills and past experience working closely with Traders or Quants
· Numerate degree or equivalent (Computer Science , Engineering, Finance, Mathematics)
· Understanding of time value of money, derivatives(Swaps, Options, Forwards).Concepts around pricing, risk management and modelling.
· Experience with Python, especially object oriented programming using Python
About JPMorgan Chase & Co.
J.P. Morgan serves one of the largest client franchises in the world. Our clients include corporations, institutional investors, hedge funds, governments and affluent individuals in more than 100 countries. J.P. Morgan is part of JPMorgan Chase & Co. (NYSE: JPM), a leading global financial services firm with assets of $2.2 trillion. The firm is a leader in investment banking, financial services for consumers, small business and commercial banking, financial transaction processing, asset management, and private equity. A component of the Dow Jones Industrial Average, JPMorgan Chase serves millions of clients and consumers under its J.P. Morgan and Chase, and WaMu brands.
J.P. Morgan offers an exceptional benefits program and a highly competitive compensation package.J.P. Morgan is an Equal Opportunity Employer.