Application Developer – CIB Spread Technology
J.P. Morgan's Corporate & Investment Bank is a global leader across banking, markets and investor services. The world's most important corporations, governments and institutions entrust us with their business in more than 100 countries. With $18 trillion of assets under custody and $393 billion in deposits, the Corporate & Investment Bank provides strategic advice, raises capital, manages risk and extends liquidity in markets around the world.
The CIB GMI technology department is engineering a new platform to support our Global Markets Infrastructure team to manage our third party client engagements on behalf of the CIB. Regulatory oversight demands coupled with real-time market intelligence form a cross section of the type of platform our clients require with a focus on cloud and mobile capabilities given the market wide capabilities of the group. Integration of the new platform with the established capabilities within JP Morgan will be critical.
The role is for an analyst programmer who can work closely with many stakeholders to distill a common set of requirements, working these through to a solution agreed by all.
The ideal candidate possesses a passion for technology, excellent problem solving skills, thinks and acts strategically, thrives in a dynamic business and technical environment where change is constant. The candidate must be able to effectively communicate with other technologists and business partners. Experience in the financial services industry is required.
· Analyze data usage and workflow requirements. Must be able to consolidate information from various business areas, analyze the problem or requirement(s), and apply solution selected by the team.
· Design and develop n-tier high quality software using Java and related technologies.
· Demonstrate a solid understanding of business needs and proposed solution and how the solution can best applied to serve the business.
· Design and oversee comprehensive unit and regression testing for different components of the system.
· Identify bottlenecks, bugs, and devise solutions to these problems
· Strong hands-on core Java 1.6 and above and associated technologies, or extensive experience in other OO languages and a desire to learn Java.
· Experience of working with multi-threaded code
· Desire to work in an agile team (Scrum or Kanban utilizing TDD, BDD, CI, pair programming etc.)
· Experience on working with databases like Oracle PL/SQL, Sybase, SQL Server
· Experience with build, code and deployment processes and have contributed to design
· Multi-threaded software development, application/database tuning.
· Deep understanding of SDLC, continuous build and integration, software design patterns and how to apply them to build maintainable code.
· Distributed platforms and underlying messaging technologies (e.g. JMS, MQ, AMQP, Mule ESB) JSON, XML, RPC
· Solid understanding of application/database tier integration principles. Experience with processing large datasets and managing distributed transactions is a plus.
· In depth hands-on work experience as a software developer in an Investment Banking or equivalent environment
· Excellent oral and written communications skills with the ability to be highly effective with both technical and business
· Experience working in distributed team model
· Ability to work independently on projects and issues
· Experience in working with stakeholders and end-users
· Ability to work with a sense of urgency, while maintaining attention to detail
Our Corporate & Investment Bank relies on innovators like you to build and maintain the technology that helps us safely service the world’s important corporations, governments and institutions. You’ll develop solutions for a bank entrusted with holding $18 trillion of assets and $393 billion in deposits. CIB provides strategic advice, raises capital, manages risk, and extends liquidity in markets spanning over 100 countries around the world.
When you work at JPMorgan Chase & Co., you’re not just working at a global financial institution. You’re an integral part of one of the world’s biggest tech companies. In 14 technology hubs worldwide, our team of 40,000+ technologists design, build and deploy everything from enterprise technology initiatives to big data and mobile solutions, as well as innovations in electronic payments, cybersecurity, machine learning, and cloud development. Our $9.5B+ annual investment in technology enables us to hire people to create innovative solutions that will not only transform the financial services industry, but also change the world.
At JPMorgan Chase & Co. we value the unique skills of every employee, and we’re building a technology organization that thrives on diversity. We encourage professional growth and career development, and offer competitive benefits and compensation. If you’re looking to build your career as part of a global technology team tackling big challenges that impact the lives of people and companies all around the world, we want to meet you.
@2017 JPMorgan Chase & Co. JPMorgan Chase is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer Disability/Veteran