Java Developer - Analyst
Due to ongoing investment and expansion at our award winning Glasgow Technology Centre, we have a number of new opportunities available for talented Java Developers. Located in the heart of Glasgow City Centre, our centre is one of 2 strategic, pure technology hubs globally at JP Morgan.
Our opportunities offer the chance to work on interesting challenges and projects, with what are truly cutting edge technologies.
• Delivery of software on time and on budget, based on original scope & requirements
• Designing software and producing scalable and resilient technical designs
• Digesting and understanding Business Requirements and designing new modules/functionality to meet those needs
• Creating Automated Unit Tests using Flexible/Open Source Frameworks using a Test Driven Development approach
• Partner with supporting tech leads to develop realistic and achievable project estimates
• Analysis and build within Control, Stability, Resiliency, Capacity & Performance areas
• Testing: Unit, SIT & UAT planning and management
• Robust delivery of code into the production environment
• Take part in decisions affecting long range organizational goals & strategic planning.
• Proactively look to develop, implement and further development best practices across the group. The areas of focus should include, but not be limited to quality improvement, code reviews, code/architecture standards, code reuse, and reduction of support calls, technical documentation and technical design specifications
• Relevant university degree, specialized training or equivalent work experience
• Proven track record of application development experience
• Confidence with Core Java and J2EE with Java
• Java Frameworks i.e. Spring; Hibernate
• Test Driven Development Skills
• Exposure/ competence with Agile Development approach
• Strong analytical and problem solving skills
• Process analysis and design
• Experience in the following technologies would be useful, however not essential: MQ/JMS, Web Services, Maven, Unix shell scripting.
About J.P. Morgan Chase & Co:
J.P. Morgan serves one of the largest client franchises in the world. Our clients include corporations, institutional investors, hedge funds, governments and affluent individuals in more than 100 countries. J.P. Morgan is part of JPMorgan Chase & Co. (NYSE: JPM), a leading global financial services firm with assets of $2.1 trillion. The firm is a leader in investment banking, financial services for consumers, small business and commercial banking, financial transaction processing, asset management, and private equity. A component of the Dow Jones Industrial Average, JPMorgan Chase serves millions of clients and consumers under its JPMorgan and Chase, and WaMu brands.
“JPMorgan Chase & Co. offers an exceptional benefits program and a highly competitive compensation package. JPMorgan Chase & Co. is an Equal Opportunity Employer”
Closing Date: October 03, 2018