JPMorgan Chase & Co. (NYSE: JPM) is a leading global financial services firm with assets of $2 trillion and operations in more than 60 countries. The firm is a leader in investment banking, financial services for consumers, small business and commercial banking, financial transaction processing, asset management, and private equity.
Corporate Technology (CT) builds and supports the firm's financial infrastructure to ensure Finance professionals have access to the tools and information necessary to drive success. In partnership with Global Finance Operations (GFO), Global Technology Infrastructure (GTI) and others, we deliver solutions that meet the requirements of our key clients - the JPMorgan Chase CFO and Corporate Finance Organizations, as well as all line of business CFO teams .
The Corporate Technology Metadata program is chartered to re-engineer multiple dimensions of Risk, Finance & Capital, HR, Compliance, and Legal Technology Information Architecture to improve accuracy, consistency, and granularity across its data assets for Risk, Capital, and Regulatory Reporting. The team is new and highly motivated. This position provides an opportunity to use and deploy a range of Metadata, Data Management and Data Quality technologies, to take on a challenging role that’s critical to our Financial Regulatory environment.
· Working side by side with the CT development teams, develop data models using Erwin, MagicDraw, or Topbraid Composer.
· Partner with engineering teams to define and drive the big data adoption and implementation within CT.
· Develop ontologies using RDF.
· Build the firm’s business metadata repository in partnership with the Chief Data Office.
· Partner with the Global Technology Information Architecture team to design and build the firm’s technical metadata repository.
· Document the technical metadata landscape for CT, including traceability & lineage, using a semantic platform and other tools.
· Participate in the firmwide Information Architecture (IA) working group.
· Working in close partnership with the Chief Data Office, perform the IA function in support of firmwide data management initiatives.
· Bachelors degree or related relevant work experience
· Information Technology experience
· Knowledge of Corporate, Investment Banking and / or Retail banking is desirable
· Hands on exposure to metadata process & technology as well as a background in data management and data quality
· Strong oral and written communications skills
· Technical depth and ability to rapidly understand and communicate the impact of solutions and technology
· This role is intended to deliver a balanced combination of Code Development, Data Management, Business Analysis and Project Management skills to a delivery focused and highly technical team