DevOps Engineer Associate – Global Equities
Job location – London, Victoria Embankment
About J.P. Morgan
J.P. Morgan is a leader in global financial services, operating in over 150 countries to deliver the best solutions and advice to meet our client’s needs. J.P. Morgan one of the most respected financial institutions in the world, and that is why we can offer you an outstanding career.
With assets under supervision amounting to $2.2 trillion and $1.5 trillion in assets under management, J.P. Morgan is one of the largest Asset and Wealth Managers in the world. We service institutional, high net worth and retail clients through J.P. Morgan’s Asset Management, Highbridge Capital Management and Private Banking; which includes the Private Bank, Private Wealth Management, and J.P. Morgan Securities sub-line of businesses.
This opportunity is for a DevOps Engineer to join our Global Equity Technology Team within the Asset Management. The role involves teamwork with Portfolio Managers, Research Analysts, Middle Office Operations and Application Development communities at all levels within the organization.
The team owns the holistic support of the front office technology platform globally including tactical enhancements, application upgrades, new application rollouts, maintenance, performance tuning and provide a depth of both business and technology service to the whole organization.
Excellent communication skills are a must for this position. The individual should have a passion for the system development and support of the proprietary systems, have strong analytical and troubleshooting skills, and be able to work successfully in a cross-functional environment among the other application development and support teams. The successful candidate must have a proven ability to fully use and apply standard technical troubleshooting principles while following standardized Problem and Change Management policies and procedures. This person must have the ability to work on projects and other assignments with minimal direct supervision.
· Responsible for the operation, monitoring and integrity of the technology platform,
· Participate in design, architecture, development, deployment and support for large scale projects.
· Proactively seeking to improve process by automating and removing repeated effort.
· Experience working with the change management process ensuring policies are enforced and adhered to and application integrity is maintained on production and DR environments.
· Responsible for managing development platforms - continuous build, test and integration processes.
· Troubleshooting business issues, identifying root cause, solving problems to provide solutions to diverse investment teams and the product aligned trading desks.
· Ownership and participation in the Incident and problem management processes, being accountable for resolution, root cause analysis and technology and business reporting and communication.
· Experience within financial services. Preferably with a focus in asset management.
· Experience working with Decision Support, Order and Trade execution systems, ideally in a front office environment.
· Good people skills with focus on cross team collaboration.
· Previous experience of working within a global organization.
· Proficiency in application development using Core Java and database development.
· 3-5 years of experience in development, architecture and/or client/server n-tier application experience required.
· 3-5 years of experience working with AGILE process of development and familiarization of various AGILE ceremonies and familiarity with Unit testing, QA, UAT, production environments.
· Experience with Linux or windows environment and scripting knowledge.
· Familiarity with Platform Engineering – Tomcat, Siteminder, Kerberos, and Apache.
· Strong familiarity with Jenkins, Git/Bit Bucket and automated deployment.
· Good knowledge of SQL and database technologies.
· Strong Communication and Analytical skills.
· Demonstrate experience in effective decision making within a high pressure environment.
· Experience with disaster recovery planning, testing, auditing, risk analysis, business resumption planning and contingency planning.
· Results oriented and highly flexible individual, able to work with minimal supervision.
· Experience working with cloud base technologies and knowledge of open source technologies and tools is a big plus.
Bachelor or Master degree in Computer Science or engineering or equivalent is required for this position
About JPMorgan Chase & Co.
J.P. Morgan serves one of the largest client franchises in the world. Our clients include corporations, institutional investors, hedge funds, governments and affluent individuals in more than 100 countries. J.P. Morgan is part of JPMorgan Chase & Co. (NYSE: JPM), a leading global financial services firm with assets of $2.5 trillion. The firm is a leader in investment banking, financial services for consumers, small business and commercial banking, financial transaction processing, asset management, and private equity. A component of the Dow Jones Industrial Average, JPMorgan Chase serves millions of clients and consumers under its J.P. Morgan and Chase, and WaMu brands.
J.P. Morgan offers an exceptional benefits program and a highly competitive compensation package.
J.P. Morgan is an Equal Opportunity Employer.