The Information Architect (IA), will work as part of the Payments Information Architecture federated team to achieve a number of strategic deliverables and needs to negotiate, agree and deliver artefacts such as the Business Entity Model, State Model, Controlled Vocabulary and Communication Contracts and govern their implementation and traceability from Logical and Physical schemas.
The Information Architect will be considered the Subject Matter Expert on Data and Information Architecture and Management working closely and collaboratively with the project development teams, ensuring that the design is implementable and that delivery is consistent with the agreed design.
· Strong experience of several major technology implementation projects
· Strong data orientation and experienced in data analysis and data mining (experienced with SQL)
· Strong working knowledge and experience of Data Modelling and Meta-modelling (preferably with UML) or use of alternative Data Modelling tools such as Erwin, Power Designer and MagicDraw
· Experience in creating, contributing to and reviewing Architecture and Development artefacts such as Logical Data Model’s
· Knowledge of core Information Architecture capabilities, including Master and Reference Data Management, Data Quality (DQ), Metadata Management, Data Taxonomy, Data Integration, Data Migration and Data Modelling
· Knowledge of and preferably development with industry standard models such as ISO 20022, and Swift.
· Knowledge of different data modelling methodologies such as 3NF, Deformalized (Star Schema), Data Vault, XML Schema etc. with the ability to read and understand data models presented in a variety of formats.
· Ability to collaborate with business teams in order to understand, translate, review and playback requirements into Logical Data Models, Interface Specifications, Taxonomies and Controlled Vocabularies.
· Ability to understand, communicate and operate at Business, Technical, Application and Technology levels of Data and Information Architecture.
· Assist with the definition and documentation of current state and future state Information Architecture models.
· Assist with the definition, communication and implementation of data policies, standards and processes
· Collaborate and design conceptual and logical data models and supporting the physicalization of the models to support the target state architecture.
· Develop, own and manage the data modelling best practices, patterns and standards.
· Ensure appropriate enterprise data/information policies, principles and standards are adhered to and implemented throughout project delivery
· Contribute and assist the Lead Information Architecture SME and Design Authority, with ability to forge and develop relationships with key business stakeholders and development teams.
· Banking/Finance back ground
· Application development background
· Educated to degree level, or with appropriate career experience.
· Demonstrate the ability to drive result in a fast pace of change and challenging environments
· Strong collaboration and relationship management skills to effectively work across a wide range of stakeholders to gain buy-in and drive progress
· Ability to work independently, taking a leadership role on specific efforts
· Ability to multi-task, moving easily between strategy and execution
· Strong verbal and written communication skills – must be able to synthesize data into concise messages for leadership
· Excellent analytical & problem solving skills
· Outstanding attention to detail, follow-up skills and results-orientation
· Ability to work in a global team located across multiple regions and time zones
Our Corporate & Investment Bank relies on innovators like you to build and maintain the technology that helps us safely service the world’s important corporations, governments and institutions. You’ll develop solutions for a bank entrusted with holding $18 trillion of assets and $393 billion in deposits. CIB provides strategic advice, raises capital, manages risk, and extends liquidity in markets spanning over 100 countries around the world.
When you work at JPMorgan Chase & Co., you’re not just working at a global financial institution. You’re an integral part of one of the world’s biggest tech companies. In 14 technology hubs worldwide, our team of 40,000+ technologists design, build and deploy everything from enterprise technology initiatives to big data and mobile solutions, as well as innovations in electronic payments, cybersecurity, machine learning, and cloud development. Our $9.5B+ annual investment in technology enables us to hire people to create innovative solutions that will not only transform the financial services industry, but also change the world.
At JPMorgan Chase & Co. we value the unique skills of every employee, and we’re building a technology organization that thrives on diversity. We encourage professional growth and career development, and offer competitive benefits and compensation. If you’re looking to build your career as part of a global technology team tackling big challenges that impact the lives of people and companies all around the world, we want to meet you.
@2017 JPMorgan Chase & Co. JPMorgan Chase is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer Disability/Veteran