Analyst – Market Risk MO
Market Risk Middle Office is a group within the Corporate Risk function. It is responsible for Market Risk data control and high level risk analysis. Examples of the group’s work include daily Value-at-Risk, Market data and Stress analysis and verification, Legal Entity, Regulatory VaR and Stress Testing reviews. Market Risk Middle Office has regular dialogue with Market Risk Management, Product Control, Regulatory Reporting, Market Risk Quantitative Research and Technology teams across all areas of the bank with respect to data feeds, reporting and hierarchy changes.
We are looking to fill an Analyst position within Market Risk Middle Office; the role offers an excellent opportunity for the right candidate to work in a developing area with significant potential for personal and career development.
· Build effective partnerships with the Coverage, Technology, Market Risk Operate, RCMO, MRQR and Market Risk Reporting teams.
· Ensure that all processes are run in the most effective, efficient and timely manner to meet all SLAs.
· Develop reconciliations & diagnostic reports, improving processes is actively encouraged.
· Research and resolve Line of Business Finance, MRM and Audit inquiries with respect to risk measures.
· Perform risk system front-end training, demonstration and administration to local staff and Product business middle office clients, when necessary
· Maintain daily procedure manuals, ensuring that all local regulatory requirements are met
· Professional, self-motivated, and adaptable person who can work effectively under pressure
· Ability to understand business processes and their risk implications, analyse complex situations, reach appropriate conclusions, and make value-added and practical recommendations
· Basic understanding of product knowledge across a range of asset classes – Credit, Rates, Equities, Commodities an advantage.
· Ability to work and solve problems independently, be able to work in a deadline oriented environment working with large amounts of data, and be able to dynamically prioritise workload
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills, with the ability to create and present training materials. Excellent interpersonal skills; ability to develop effective credible relationships with the business and functional partners
· Strong proficiency in Microsoft Excel is required.
· VBA experience desirable.
· Knowledge of databases and statistical analysis packages useful.
· Proficient with using other Microsoft products including PowerPoint, Word, Outlook an advantage etc.
· Strong team player who can work well with colleagues of various levels and internal clients across regions
About J.P. Morgan Chase & Co:
J.P. Morgan serves one of the largest client franchises in the world. Our clients include corporations, institutional investors, hedge funds, governments and affluent individuals in more than 100 countries. J.P. Morgan is part of JPMorgan Chase & Co. (NYSE: JPM), a leading global financial services firm with assets of $2.1 trillion. The firm is a leader in investment banking, financial services for consumers, small business and commercial banking, financial transaction processing, asset management, and private equity. A component of the Dow Jones Industrial Average, JPMorgan Chase serves millions of clients and consumers under its JPMorgan and Chase, and WaMu brands.
J.P. Morgan offers an exceptional benefits program and a highly competitive compensation package. J.P. Morgan is an Equal Opportunity Employer