The Legal Finance Operations team consists of the Legal Billing Unit (“LBU”), Litigation Settlements and Invoice Audit functions. The team is located in the United States, United Kingdom and India. The primary objectives of the LBU are the accurate and prompt payment of legal invoices and providing issue resolution and process support to internal users (attorneys/paralegals/assistants) and external users (law firms/vendors).
This position will be primarily involved with responding to queries from internal and external users of the legal invoice payment system (Passport). The incumbent will interact with all levels of internal Legal professionals and external law firm billing administrators. This position will provide primary support to the EMEA-based community and work to streamline/improve current processes for the local professionals.
· Monitoring mailboxes and responding to complex queries received from internal departments, external law firms. This will require the incumbent to partner closely with internal teams such as CAP (Corporate Accounts Payable), Tax and EMEA IB Client Billing and Business Management to resolve promptly and accurately.
· Resolving issues where invoices are not fully processed by the system and require intervention
· Proactively providing advice to external law firms on resolving billing issues
· Partnering with CAP (Corporate Accounts Payable) with vendor maintenance, new supplier set-ups and activations/deactivations of current suppliers
· Proactively providing recommendations on system and process changes to improve invoice processing
· Raising new system access requests and provide training, where needed
· Back-up for India team on processing of paper invoices received from law firms for payment
· Support system user acceptance testing, on an as-needed basis
· Lead and coordinate VAT issues with the JPMC EMEA tax team
· Reconciliation of law firm invoice statements and investigating any discrepancies
· Processing EMEA Credit notes and co-ordination of return payments
· Reviewing of different queues in Passport and ensuring invoices are sitting with the appropriate approver
· Assisting management with ad-hoc requests
· 3-5 years’ experience in Legal Accounting, Billing Operations, Accounts Payable and/or Accounts Receivable;
· Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail concentrating on accuracy and efficiency.
· Excellent computer navigation skills, ability to manoeuvre through multiple systems; Passport, SAP, Oracle, Business Objects experience preferred
· Clear communication skills, both written and verbal;
· Ability to work in complex environments with a diverse range of stakeholders within JPMC Business Community and outside legal vendors;
· Good understanding of accounting concepts such as G/L accounts and Cost Centres;
· Knowledge of VAT rules and regulations within the UK as well as outside the UK
· Sound judgment and quick decision making skills
· Proven ability to work independently and competently handle multiple responsibilities, with a high degree of accuracy, in a high pressure environment.
· Strong excel skills, using Pivot tables and v-lookups
· Experience in writing test scripts, Business requirement documents and carrying out testing
J.P. Morgan serves one of the largest client franchises in the world. Our clients include corporations, institutional investors, hedge funds, governments and affluent individuals in more than 100 countries. J.P. Morgan is part of JPMorgan Chase & Co. (NYSE: JPM), a leading global financial services firm with assets of $2.1 trillion. The firm is a leader in investment banking, financial services for consumers, small business and commercial banking, financial transaction processing, asset management, and private equity. A component of the Dow Jones Industrial Average, JPMorgan Chase serves millions of clients and consumers under its JPMorgan and Chase, and WaMu brands.
J.P. Morgan offers an exceptional benefits program and a highly competitive compensation package.
J.P. Morgan is an Equal Opportunity Employer