Finance and Risk Data Operations is a global team within the Firm wide Finance and Risk CFO Organization, monitoring the timeliness, accuracy and completeness of data used for Credit and Liquidity risk management and reporting. The team designs, implements and operates controls to manage the data flow, and identifies data quality issues for remediation. Finance and Risk Data Operations works closely with various internal partners within all lines of business, as well as other group functions including Risk Reporting, Risk Policy, Regulatory Risk, Risk Middle Office, Business Middle Offices, Control & Oversight and the Firm wide Data Quality Team.
The Finance and Risk Data Operations team is seeking a Analyst/Associate level professional candidate for the credit/liquidity risk operations team, based in Bournemouth, UK. This individual will support the integrated operating model across Credit and Liquidity, including but not limited to financial reconciliations, data quality research and interacting with various Lines of Business, Technology and Project teams. The role will also involve participating in the Finance/Risk convergence project by implementing reconciliations and controls around the single sourced data into the Common Framework. The candidate must be attentive to detail and manage multiple, simultaneous tasks successfully.
· Support daily and monthly operational processes for data quality remediation, reconciliations, adjustments, and LoB inquiries.
· Work with various lines of businesses to assess and remediate data quality issues into Liquidity and Credit to minimize errors and ensure the highest level of data integrity to consumers
· Partner with downstream consumers to analyze the impact of data quality issues for specific regulatory and management reports and develop correction action plan
· Perform analytics and develop processes to bridge data gaps with consumers
· Partner with the line of business to understand key business drivers, infrastructure, and product changes to help identify potential business risks and assist with the creation of process efficiencies.
· Create operational metric measures to accurately manage progress with data quality issues, escalating critical concerns and proposing solutions, as needed
· Support and deliver on all key Operational Risk Management deliverables
· Support the Operating Model work stream for any project related activities program, partnering closely with colleagues across other regions or businesses
· Represent the Finance and Risk Operations team in various control forums.
Knowledge, s kills and experience required:
· Bachelor's degree, preferably in Accounting or Finance.
· Excellent working knowledge of MS Excel (Pivot tables, v-lookups), MS Access and PowerPoint.
· Prior work experience in the financial services operations capability.
· Strong quantitative and analytical background with an understanding of Traditional Credit, Securities and Derivative instruments; able to deep dive into data highlighting key issues
· People/performance management skills preferred.
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills
· Ability to multi-task, work well under pressure and commitment to deliver under tight deadlines.
About J.P. Morgan’s Corporate & Investment Bank
J.P. Morgan’s Corporate & Investment Bank is a global leader across banking, markets and investor services. The world’s most important corporations, governments and institutions entrust us with their business in more than 100 countries. With $18 trillion of assets under custody and $393 billion in deposits, the Corporate & Investment Bank provides strategic advice, raises capital, manages risk and extends liquidity in markets around the world. Further information about J.P. Morgan is available at www.jpmorgan.com .
JPMorgan Chase & Co. offers an exceptional benefits program and a highly competitive compensation package. JPMorgan Chase & Co. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.