Compliance – EMEA Financial Crimes Compliance – Asset Management Advisory Function – Analyst / Associate – London
About J.P. Morgan Chase & Co.
J.P. Morgan is a leader in financial services, working in collaboration across the globe to deliver the best solutions and advice to meet our clients’ needs, anywhere in the world. We operate in 150 countries, and hold leadership positions across our businesses. We have an exceptional team of employees who work hard to do the right thing for our clients and the firm, every day. This is why we are the most respected financial institution in the world – and why we can offer you an outstanding career.
J.P. Morgan Asset Management provides its services to private individuals, investment companies, other corporations, pension and profit sharing plans, foundations, charitable organizations, and government bodies. The firm manages separate client focused equity, fixed income, and balanced portfolios. It also manages mutual funds and hedge funds for its clients. The firm invests in public equity, fixed income, and real estate markets across the globe.
EMEA Global Financial Crimes Compliance (“GFCC”)
The regional GFCC Department is a subset of the Compliance structure within J.P. Morgan covering all lines of business with a reporting line to the Regional Head of GFCC. There are approximately 150 EMEA GFCC staff covering advisory, monitoring and investigations, sanctions, bribery and corruption, training, independent testing and KYC quality. GFCC staff are located within all lines of business and in our major locations within the region.
We are seeking an Analyst / Associate level member of the GFCC Advisory team, which covers Asset Management (“AM”). The role will report to the EMEA AM Head of Global Financial Crimes Compliance based in London. The individual will provide support to ensure that the firm’s Financial Crime Program is successfully implemented. Key elements of the role are:
· Collate, create and maintain financial crime related management information and provide analysis to support Board reports and submissions to relevant local or regional Committees;
· Keep abreast of industry trends and “hot issues” and undertake research in areas of focus and attention of regulators;
· Serve as a point of communication and, where necessary, escalation of AML issues;
· Identify and investigate potential rule or policy breaches, conduct investigations, coordinating corrective action with other control functions as necessary/required;
· Participate in business–led initiatives by providing advice from a financial crime prevention perspective;
· Assist in providing relevant training to staff as necessary.
Qualifications and attributes
· Excellent command of MS Excel and PowerPoint is essential to the role;
· Degree level education (or equivalent) is required. Additionally, successful completion of a recognized professional qualification in AML or Financial Crime is preferred;
· A good knowledge of UK and European AML/KYC financial crimes regimes would be especially desirable;
· Experience and knowledge of Asset Management products would also be an advantage;
· Practical approach to the application of law and regulation;
· Superior comprehension skills and attention to detail are critical;
· Effective analytical and problem solving ability, along with excellent decision making and organizational skills are essential;
· Strong written and verbal communication skills, including proficiency in concisely summarizing complex topics;
· Must be well-organised and able to execute responsibilities with minimal supervision; ability to prioritize multiple tasks and bring tasks to completion within established timeframes.
These should be accompanied by an enquiring mind, perseverance and the ability to influence business partners. The candidate will be a good communicator who is able to deal confidently with people at all levels in the organization.
About J.P. Morgan Chase & Co:
J.P. Morgan serves one of the largest client franchises in the world. Our clients include corporations, institutional investors, hedge funds, governments and affluent individuals in more than 100 countries. J.P. Morgan is part of JPMorgan Chase & Co. (NYSE: JPM), a leading global financial services firm with assets of $2.1 trillion. The firm is a leader in investment banking, financial services for consumers, small business and commercial banking, financial transaction processing, asset management, and private equity. A component of the Dow Jones Industrial Average, JPMorgan Chase serves millions of clients and consumers under its JPMorgan and Chase, and WaMu brands.
“JPMorgan Chase & Co. offers an exceptional benefits program and a highly competitive compensation package. JPMorgan Chase & Co. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and a member of the UK Government’s Disability Confident Scheme.”