JPMorgan Chase's Corporate Controllers is a global organization of about 1,500 colleagues, operating through a partnership among Corporate Accounting Policies, Corporate Regulatory Policy & Reporting and Corporate Financial Reporting, Corporate Sector Accounting, Global Finance Operations (GFO), Global Finance India, and Finance Platform Strategy & Controls. Working together, our strengths and resources enable us to ensure the integrity of the JPMorgan Chase consolidated books and records, and the results of individual legal entities within the Firm. The controllership function is focused on ensuring accountability and improving the organization's credibility. We focus on accounting, financial controls, systems and reporting.
Corporate Sector (CSEC) Accounting supports all lines of business to deliver superior financial services to businesses and consumers around the world. CSEC Accounting provides an environment where leadership, excellence, integrity and diversity are among our core principles.
The position is aligned with the Global Finance & Business Management - Corporate Controllers organization and is accountable for the integrity of financial reporting, internal control environment, and closing transaction cycle.
Specific responsibilities include, but aren’t limited to the below:
· Support timely & accurate month-end close process, including the following:
· assessing transactions for proper accounting treatment,
· investigating variances in account balances and providing explanations,
· managing capital spend and fixed asset accounting,
· developing accrual estimates,
· preparing and posting of journal entries to the general ledger, and
· ensuring appropriate documentation and reconciliation of accounting schedules to supporting documents and systems
· Perform monthly reconciliation and certification of balance sheet accounts
· Investigate monthly balance sheet, income statement and general ledger account variances and provide written explanations
· Perform moderate to complex analysis and communicate/present to stakeholders
· Support alignment with Global teams focusing on standardization and process consistency
· Develop and document processes
· Support ad hoc reporting and analysis as needed
· Support special projects
· Review and improve key accounting processes to ensure they are efficient and effective
· Build and maintain strong partnerships with Operations and Finance as well as Line of Business contacts
· Ensure strong communication to appropriate parties
· Participate in control environment activities (SOX compliance/Controlled Self Assessments)
· Actively support department objectives
· Assist Finance team in creating annual budgets and updating mid-year forecasts
Knowledge, skills and experience:
· Relevant accounting experience required, working in a high volume, fast-paced environment with demonstrated career progression
· University degree in finance/accounting required
· Big Four public accounting experience, large corporate, and/or CIMA/ ACCA or equivalent, strongly preferred
· US GAAP knowledge desirable
· Technology and/ or Real Estate industry experience preferred but not essential
· Creative self-starter with strong initiative, ability to take ownership and work independently as well as contribute to the broader team
· Structured mindset with process/continuous improvement orientation and attention to detail
· Proven ability to interface with various levels of management
· Ability to coordinate multiple responsibilities within predetermined timeliness is essential
· Ability to multi-task and be hands on in a fast paced environment to meet deadlines under pressure
· Excellent oral and written communication skills
· Strong analytical and financial skills with a track record of execution against deliverables
· Proven ability to support special projects to completion
· Experience with automated financial systems (SAP), database management, worksheet-modeling tools (Excel, Access), and Essbase experience preferred.
About J.P. Morgan’s Corporate & Investment Bank:
J.P. Morgan’s Corporate & Investment Bank is a global leader across banking, markets and investor services. The world’s most important corporations, governments and institutions entrust us with their business in more than 100 countries. With $18 trillion of assets under custody and $393 billion in deposits, the Corporate & Investment Bank provides strategic advice, raises capital, manages risk and extends liquidity in markets around the world. Further information about J.P. Morgan is available at www.jpmorgan.com .
JPMorgan Chase & Co. offers an exceptional benefits program and a highly competitive compensation package. JPMorgan Chase & Co. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.