Reference Data Operations – Vendor Management –VP
JPMorgan Chase & Co. (NYSE: JPM) is a leading global financial services firm with assets of $2.6 trillion and operations worldwide. The firm is a leader in investment banking, financial services for consumers and small business, commercial banking, financial transaction processing, and asset management. A component of the Dow Jones Industrial Average, JPMorgan Chase & Co. serves millions of consumers in the United States and many of the world's most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under its J.P. Morgan and Chase brands. Information about JPMorgan Chase & Co. is available at www.jpmorganchase.com .
Firmwide Reference Data Operations is the centralized provider of reference data and asset prices to any consumer in the Firm. Reference Data Operations provides high quality, timely and comprehensive data, in a controlled and standardized manner to reduce risk and total cost of data ownership.
The Global Vendor Management team within the Reference Data Operations unit services departments and clients across multiple regions including WHEM, EMEA, and APAC. The Vendor team is staffed by a team with knowledge and experience in reference data, market data practices to drive strategies around usage, vendor choice, and structure across over 20 Market Data relationships.
· Market Data Vendor relationship management; owning the vendor lifecycle including ongoing vendor due diligence
· Vendor contract management; new, renewals & contract negotiations
· Vendor service governance; proactive vendor service & governance model to meet business needs in partnership with JPMorgan operations
· Champion market data best practices while adhering to the firm’s data management policies
· Intermediary across various corporate groups such as Legal, Sourcing, Third Party Oversight, Market Data Services and Finance
· Actively contribute to the implementation and integration of the operating unit's strategic objectives including platform on-boarding support
· Liaise with various Product, Change & Operations teams on vendor related projects
· Liaise with Technology and dealing with IT projects and issues impacting operations
· Third Party Oversight adherence
· Vendor data service enhancements
· Market data cost oversight
· Devise, implement, maintain, and review vendor cost allocation methodologies used across subscribers of vendor data
· Competitor benchmarking review across various third party products
· Vendor subject matter expert to support downstream teams and clients
· Resolve internal and external queries promptly and professionally
· Build and maintain strong internal relationships.
These points have been carefully considered as being essential for the role. Your background must accurately reflect all of these for your application to be considered.
· 1-3 years of third party / vendor management experience
· 2 - 3 years asset pricing, reference data experience
· Knowledge of investment instruments security types from a pricing and reference data perspective
· Market data vendor & vendor product knowledge
· Strong communication and inter-personal skill
· Ability to manage own workload with minimal supervision
· Proven ability to communicate effectively within a team environment and interact across departments
· Self-motivated and proactive with the proven ability to work accurately and under pressure to meet deadlines
· Demonstrate experience with and knowledge of Microsoft Office products
· Strong analytical/problem solving skills and attention to detail
· Good understanding of JPMorgan businesses i.e. fund administration, custody, financial reporting, performance measurement, clearance and collateral management, markets/investment banking.
· Risk based mindset; drive enhancements to increase efficiency and controls
· Partnership skills
· Solid Leadership skills
About J.P. Morgan Chase & Co:
J.P. Morgan serves one of the largest client franchises in the world. Our clients include corporations, institutional investors, hedge funds, governments and affluent individuals in more than 100 countries. J.P. Morgan is part of JPMorgan Chase & Co. (NYSE: JPM), a leading global financial services firm with assets of $2.1 trillion. The firm is a leader in investment banking, financial services for consumers, small business and commercial banking, financial transaction processing, asset management, and private equity. A component of the Dow Jones Industrial Average, JPMorgan Chase serves millions of clients and consumers under its JPMorgan and Chase, and WaMu brands.
J.P. Morgan offers an exceptional benefits program and a highly competitive compensation package. J.P. Morgan is an Equal Opportunity Employer
JPMorgan Chase is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer M/F/Disability/Veteran.