Corporate and Investment Bank – Legal – Lending Lawyer – Assistant Vice President/Vice President
The Legal Department of JPMorgan Chase & Co. seeks a lawyer based at its offices at 25 Bank Street, London to support the lending activity of its Corporate & Investment Bank in the Europe, Middle East and Africa region. The lawyer would be a member of the Credit Products Legal Team and support all lending activity engaged in by a range of lines of business across the Corporate & Investment Bank. The Legal Department of JP Morgan Chase & Co. comprises over 1500 professionals globally.
Role and Department Information
The lawyer will be a member of the Corporate & Investment Bank Credit Products Legal team within the JPMorgan Legal Department advising across the spectrum of international lending transactions. The Credit Products Legal team provides support to a wide variety of Corporate & Investment Bank businesses including: Acquisition & Leveraged Finance; Global Corporate Bank; Securitised Products; Real Estate Finance; Global Emerging Markets and Secondary Loan Trading.
Key functions will include assisting in the structuring, documentation and negotiation of loan transactions (uncommitted and committed; secured and unsecured; bilateral and syndicated; vanilla and structured) and identifying and advising on related legal issues.
· Excellent drafting and negotiation skills;
· Experience of loan market documentation preferable;
· Astute commercial awareness, with ability to think cross-product and learn the essentials of new financial products and industries quickly;
· Confident and proactive with excellent communication skills;
· Pragmatic with ability to strike appropriate balance between achieving the commercial goals of the business units while protecting the interests of JPMorgan as a whole;
· Excellent work management skills - ability to manage multiple transactions at the same time and meet deadlines;
· Ability to develop appropriate working relationships with business and other colleagues across product lines and geographies, including emerging markets;
· Team player; and
· Strong experience of drafting, reviewing and negotiating financing documentation and willingness to engage with a variety of documentation relating to loan transactions - including confidentiality agreements, term sheets, mandate letters, consultants' engagement letters, powers of attorney, disclaimers and syndication materials, working capital facilities, uncommitted and committed bilateral and syndicated facilities and related guarantee and security documents;
· Broad-based general banking experience gained in a leading law firm or financial institution.
· English required. Other languages would be an advantage.
· Loan portfolio acquisition experience, with a real estate focus, whilst not essential, would also be considered favourably.
· Law Degree (or equivalent e.g. Graduate Diploma in Law)
Lawyer must be licensed to practice law and a member in good standing in the state/jurisdiction in which the position is based or otherwise in compliance with the in-house counsel registration rules of that state/jurisdiction.
About J.P. Morgan’s Corporate & Investment Bank:
J.P. Morgan’s Corporate & Investment Bank is a global leader across banking, markets and investor services. The world’s most important corporations, governments and institutions entrust us with their business in more than 100 countries. With $18 trillion of assets under custody and $393 billion in deposits, the Corporate & Investment Bank provides strategic advice, raises capital, manages risk and extends liquidity in markets around the world. Further information about J.P. Morgan is available at www.jpmorgan.com .
About J.P. Morgan Chase & Co:
J.P. Morgan serves one of the largest client franchises in the world. Our clients include corporations, institutional investors, hedge funds, governments and affluent individuals in more than 100 countries. J.P. Morgan is part of JPMorgan Chase & Co. (NYSE: JPM), a leading global financial services firm with assets of $2.1 trillion. The firm is a leader in investment banking, financial services for consumers, small business and commercial banking, financial transaction processing, asset management, and private equity. A component of the Dow Jones Industrial Average, JPMorgan Chase serves millions of clients and consumers under its JPMorgan and Chase, and WaMu brands.
J.P. Morgan offers an exceptional benefits program and a highly competitive compensation package. J.P. Morgan is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Closing Date-November 16, 2018