Commodities/Macro Index Product Controller Analyst London
The Macro Index Product Control team within the Global Commodities Group is a team of professionals supporting 10 traders globally. It is a truly multi-asset desk, providing exposure to all asset classes; Credit, Bonds, FX, Equities, Commodities. As such, this is an outstanding and rare opportunity.
The trading desk offers various index products varying from vanilla beta indices to algorithmic (smart beta, alpha, momentum etc.) indices, across multiple asset-classes. In addition structured and exotic multi-asset solutions are traded out of this desk.
The successful candidate will have a zest and enthusiasm for learning, and a strong quantitative thinking, combined with interesting and relevant experience (e.g. risk, valuation control, product control).
· Run Risk and P&L explain for the trading desk, with an emphasis on understanding the story behind the numbers from a commercial and trading standpoint
· Improve current processes, automate solutions
· Ensure regulation compliant operating environment
· Escalate any control gaps and offer ideas to mitigate identified gaps
· Coordinate with Operations, Tech and Finance through all phases of testing for new models and infrastructure
· Month-end and quarter-end management, preparing all relevant information for quarterly filings
· Client Value and Portfolio Management analysis
· Significant daily interaction with Sales and Trading.
· Technical mindset – knowledge of derivatives products and strong problem solving skills
· Appreciation of a strong control environment - proactive in identifying control gaps, defining resolutions and taking them to closure
· Ability to challenge the status quo and be introspective
· Ability to communicate confidently and effectively across the organization
· Motivated, positive attitude, keen interest to learn about markets, products, and the business
· Influencing skills to manage interaction with diverse groups internally and externally
· Excel expertise, VBA or other coding skills highly beneficial
· Strong degree qualifications in a relevant field of study
· Professional qualifications favourable.
About J.P. Morgan’s Corporate & Investment Bank:
J.P. Morgan’s Corporate & Investment Bank is a global leader across banking, markets and investor services. The world’s most important corporations, governments and institutions entrust us with their business in more than 100 countries. With $18 trillion of assets under custody and $393 billion in deposits, the Corporate & Investment Bank provides strategic advice, raises capital, manages risk and extends liquidity in markets around the world. Further information about J.P. Morgan is available atwww.jpmorgan.com .
JPMorgan Chase & Co. offers an exceptional benefits program and a highly competitive compensation package. JPMorgan Chase & Co. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.