CIB – Treasury Services – Escrow Middle Office Representative – Associate– London
About J.P. Morgan Corporate & Investment Bank
JPMorgan Chase & Co is a global financial services powerhouse with assets of US$2.3 trillion and operations in more than 60 countries. The firm is a leader in investment banking, financial services for consumers, small business and commercial banking, financial transaction processing, asset and wealth management, and private equity.
J.P. Morgan's Corporate & Investment Bank (CIB) is a global leader across banking, markets and investor services. The world's most important corporations, governments and institutions entrust us with their business in more than 100 countries. With $18 trillion of assets under custody and $393 billion in deposits, the Corporate & Investment Bank provides strategic advice, raises capital, manages risk and extends liquidity in markets around the world.
J.P. Morgan Treasury Services (TS) is one of the world's largest providers of treasury management services. J.P. Morgan's TS business is a full-service provider of innovative cash management, trade, liquidity, commercial card, and escrow services - specifically developed to meet the challenges treasury professionals face today. More than 135,000 corporations, financial institutions, governments and municipalities in over 180 countries and territories entrust their business to J.P. Morgan.
Global Escrow business provides independent third party account solutions and is a century-old franchise in the US that has expanded its footprint to Europe, Asia and Latin America in recent years. With over US$20bn in AuC, J.P. Morgan Escrow Services is a fully dedicated platform of specialists that customers can trust thanks to its financial strength, global network, product expertise and unrivalled client service. J.P. Morgan's suite of customized escrow services cover the needs that arise in many businesses including escrow structures for mergers & acquisitions, litigation, capital raising, regulatory, collateral and other financial arrangements.
New Business Activities :
· Understand the business purposes and deal structures for new escrow business referrals
· Ensure Escrow deal information is set up in all operating systems and in accordance with contractual obligations denoted
· Optimize account profitability by maximizing JPMorgan fee and investment revenue opportunities
· Generate retentive business through excellent delivery of service
· Perform all duties required by JPMorgan under each Escrow Agreement
· Handle administration and risk aspects of Escrow account portfolio flawlessly
· Ensure that invoices are created promptly and collected prior to 180 days
· Take immediate action in response to all tickler reminders by designated due dates
· Preempt and avoid overdrafts, write-offs, operating losses and business risk
· Ensure that all account and payment activities are in compliance with relevant governing documents and JPMorgan policies and procedures
· Provide strong customer service by responding to client requests in a timely matter, offering proactive solutions to client needs, and developing meaningful client relationships
· Regularly source client feedback and suggestions for improvement
· Cultivate holistic view of each client by keeping in touch with the client's business strategy and analyzing risk and opportunities of industry and client related news
· Understand all JPMorgan products utilized by the customer and cross-sell to other business lines as appropriate
· Look for opportunities to involve client in key business initiatives
· Introduce clients to colleagues within JPMorgan Chase, as appropriate and necessary
· Assist teammates in daily operations and provide back-up support during absences
· Develop strong working relationships with JPMorgan Operations
· Escalate client issues to Team Leader, Risk Management, Tax and Legal, as appropriate
· Partner with Sales and Product in seeking new business opportunities
· Consistently keep Team Leader apprised of client related activities
· Participate in ad hoc projects as necessary
· Bachelor’s degree, preferably in related field of study (business or finance)
· 3-5 years’ work experience in financial services, preferably in escrow, custody or corporate trust
· Team player
· Strong verbal and written communication skills
· Excellent organizational skills/attention to details
· Excellent PC skills including Word and Excel
· Compliance and regulatory experience helpful
About J.P. Morgan’s Corporate & Investment Bank:
J.P. Morgan’s Corporate & Investment Bank is a global leader across banking, markets and investor services. The world’s most important corporations, governments and institutions entrust us with their business in more than 100 countries. With $18 trillion of assets under custody and $393 billion in deposits, the Corporate & Investment Bank provides strategic advice, raises capital, manages risk and extends liquidity in markets around the world. Further information about J.P. Morgan is available at www.jpmorgan.com .
JPMorgan Chase & Co. offers an exceptional benefits program and a highly competitive compensation package. JPMorgan Chase & Co. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.