About J.P. Morgan Chase & Co. J.P. Morgan Chase & Co. (NYSE: JPM) is a leading global financial services firm with assets of $2.1 trillion and operations in more than 60 countries. The firm is a leader in investment banking, financial services for consumers, small business and commercial banking, financial transaction processing, asset management and private equity. A component of the Dow Jones Industrial Average, J.P. Morgan Chase & Co. serves millions of consumers in the United States and many of the world’s most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under its J.P. Morgan and Chase brands. Information about J.P. Morgan Chase & Co. is available at www.jpmorganchase.com
About J.P. Morgan Corporate & Investment Bank
J.P. Morgan’s Corporate & Investment Bank (CIB) is a global leader across banking, markets and investor services. The world’s most important corporations, governments and institutions entrust us with their business in more than 100 countries. With $18 trillion of assets under custody and $393 billion in deposits, the Corporate & Investment Bank provides strategic advice, raises capital, manages risk and extends liquidity in markets around the world.
Business Overview: Global Tax Operations
Global Tax Operations' primary responsibility is to maximize client's investments by either facilitating effective relief at source on client investment income or retrospectively reclaiming taxes from global tax authorities. This is a high risk product with diverse market procedures, a significant change agenda and complex market/regulatory requirements.
· Responsible for collection and validation of all applicable client documentation within strict guidelines.
· Responsible for lodging tax documentation with the various countries to secure tax relief at source
· Regular review of tax reclaim items to ensure documents requested and passed to other processing teams promptly
· Proactive analysis, support and guidance on outstanding / expiring tax documentation to all internal partners and client representatives
· Assistance with the following, liaising with other J.P. Morgan operations teams where necessary:- New Market entry / expansion; Account / fund restructures; Transitions; Legal Entity conversions
· Proactive support on Tax training initiatives / undertake cross training with other members of the team
· Maintain tax document templates and procedures for internal use to ensure all market and procedural changes are reflected accurately
· Continually review operational tax processes to identify areas for enhancement. Ensure adherence to Standard Operating Procedures as per departmental guidelines
· Identify and manage risk situations, escalating where appropriate
· Work with and contribute to Tax Steering groups
· You must have a relevant Degree qualified and/or equivalent work experience.
· You must be able to demonstrate your in-depth operational tax experience within financial services, specifically Global Tax Operations or Custody & Fund Services. Tax experience is preferential.
· You must be able to demonstrate your team member/work experience within financial services, specifically Global Tax Operations or Custody & Fund Services, where accuracy is of paramount importance and where there are multiple deadlines in a risk awareness environment.
· You must be able to give comprehensive examples of your experience with large-scale project management within financial services.
· You will be able to give examples of your successful internal and external communication and problem solving experience.
· You must be able to discuss your successful client relationship experience and skills.
· You will be able to give examples of your risk awareness and operational control experience within financial services.
· You will be able to discuss you process improvement experience, where you clearly articulate ideas, concepts, procedural changes to internal colleagues and clients.
· You will be able to give examples of your problem solving skills and experiences
· You will have proven experience within an arena where accuracy is critical within strict deadlines.
JP Morgan is an equal opportunity employer.
JPMorgan offers an exceptional benefits program and a highly competitive compensation package.