The Middle Office provides full operational support to our clients' transaction processing needs by ensuring all aspects of the trade lifecycle are managed end to end efficiently, accurately and within market timeframes in a controlled environment to minimise risk.
The Middle Office Services Client Facing Team is responsible for the management of all client interactions including query management, escalations and projects as well as partner with our processing/broker facingteams to ensure all client SLA’s are met, monitor resiliency and focus on trend analysis and process improvement.
Middle Office Services are responsible for a wide variety of products and processes and each team member will be expected to cover the following products as part of the role:
· Trade Capture and trade lifecycle management
· Securities Trade Processing – Equities and Fixed Income
· IBOR (Investment Book of Records) Management and reconciliation
· Specialist Fund Processing – Exchange Traded Derivatives.
· OTC Derivatives and CFDs
· Collateral disputes and management
· Cash Processing (FX & Money Markets).
· Claims Investigations, Overdraft Reporting and Cash Management reconciliations
· Unit Trusts, Indirect Property & Private Placements.
· Management of all incoming and outgoing client queries across a varied range of products (as above).
· Partner with MBM teams to ensure that all daily, weekly, monthly client SLA’s are met.
· Perform daily oversight checks on key tasks and act as escalation for processing hubs.
· Contribute to / attend regular client meetings both in person and on the phone.
· Perform trend analysis to identify opportunities for process improvement and enhanced control.
· Produce key client reporting requirements against SLA’s and client expectations.
· MI Collation, Incident Reporting and Client Operational Review deliveries.
· Building strong working relationships with JPM internal teams and external third parties.
· Liaise with external third parties on a daily basis – brokers, custodians, transfer agents and vendors.
· Attendance and participation in forums hosted and run by third parties.
· Monitoring market change and developments
· Developing client relationships to understand their fund structure trading behaviours and strategies
· Involvement in new fund and product launches. Involvement / driving projects designed to enhance and improve existing processes and
Key Skills/Experience Requirements:
· Strong product knowledge particularly of Equities, Fixed Income, Cash Markets, FX, Exchange Traded Derivatives and general trade lifecycle.
· Understanding of IBOR and NAV generation for investment funds
· Well established client service / relationship building skills with the ability to build strong relationships with a wide variety of diverse groups, both internally and externally.
· Ability to deliver against KPI’s and client SLA’s.
· Strong Microsoft Knowledge essential – Primarily Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint & Word.
· Flexible, organized attitude towards work with the ability to prioritize workloads while working under pressure to manage changing and competing demands.
· Ability to challenge existing processes and controls.
· Strong influencing skills.
· Attention to Detail alongside strong analytical and problem solving skills.
Ability to self-motivate and willing to take responsibility of issues and resolution