CIB OPERATIONS – FUND SERVICES OPERATIONS – ASSOCIATE - EDINBURGH
J.P. Morgan’s Corporate & Investment Bank is a global leader across banking, markets and investor services. The world’s most important corporations, governments, financial institutions, pensions, sovereign wealth organizations, states and municipalities, providing strategic advice, raising capital, managing risk, and extending liquidity in markets around the world. Not only is our goal to help clients’ success, we are committed to contributing to orderly and well functioning markets and supporting global economics growth across our business.
Fund Services Operations
J.P. Morgan Fund Services Operations provides services including Fund Accounting, Fund Oversight, Fund Administration, Investment Operations and Transfer Agency to mutual and pension funds. The Edinburgh Operations team provides services across Fund Accounting and Investment Accounting Funds on a daily, weekly and monthly basis. Fund types range from, but are not limited to Unit Trusts, OEICS, Multi Manager, SICAVs and Life & Pension Funds.
Key Responsibilities of the Edinburgh Fund Oversight Team (Associate)
· Daily asset pricing review, analysis and validation of all investment assets held within the EMEA book of business.
· Analysis of funds focusing on price movements, high risk transactions & events identified through a detailed knowledge/experience of the funds & asset classes.
· Escalation point for team (will escalate upwards where necessary).
· Analysis of asset / fund price movements against market expectations.
· Pre NAV release reviews at asset, fund and share class level to identify potential errors.
· Final sign off and release of fund prices to the market.
· Timely, detailed and accurate processing across fund ranges.
· Planning and organising of team members’ workloads.
· Management of change implementation.
· Review ad-hoc client instructions.
· Subject Matter Expert support to Fund Administration Service teams.
· Liaising with pricing vendors and brokers to resolve issues and minimize risk.
· Completeness of all daily, monthly and ad-hoc tasks as required accurately and to deadline.
· Working closely with clients to meet their requirements and to ensure optimal pricing solutions are applied
· Contribution to ongoing developments of the pricing control process
· Previous supervisory experience (1-2-1s, development of team members, appraisals, objective setting).
· Experience in a NAV Operations environment.
· Detailed knowledge of the operation of Financial Markets with specific emphasis on the characteristics of all investment instruments types, securities and assets from a Pricing perspective.
· Knowledge of Information Providers and Pricing Vendors services and products e.g. Bloomberg, Reuters, FTI.
· Analytical skills.
· Pro-active and can-do attitude.
· Effective team player.
· Flexibility and ability to manage change with conflicting priorities.
· Accuracy and attention to detail.
· Evidence of organizational and time management skills.
· A strong sense of ownership and accountability.
· Effective communicator across all levels.
· Control Infrastructure experience
· IAQ Qualification (or working towards)
· Microsoft Office skills: Excel (Intermediate to Expert level), Word and PowerPoint
About J.P. Morgan Corporate & Investment Bank
J.P. Morgan’s Corporate & Investment Bank (CIB) is a global leader across banking, markets and investor services. The world’s most important corporations, governments and institutions entrust us with their business in more than 100 countries. With $18 trillion of assets under custody and $393 billion in deposits, the Corporate & Investment Bank provides strategic advice, raises capital, manages risk and extends liquidity in markets around the world.
J.P. Morgan offers an exceptional benefits program and a highly competitive compensation package. J.P. Morgan is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Closing date- August 29, 2018