J.P. Morgan's Corporate & Investment Bank is a global leader across banking, markets and investor services. The world's most important corporations, governments and institutions entrust us with their business in more than 100 countries. With $18 trillion of assets under custody and $393 billion in deposits, the Corporate & Investment Bank provides strategic advice, raises capital, manages risk and extends liquidity in markets around the world. Further information about J.P. Morgan is available at http://www.jpmorgan.com/ .
The EMEA Fixed Income Trade support team focuses on the trade flow post deal execution for the Credit, Rates & Financing businesses based in London. The team is divided into sections specific to the lines of business and has many responsibilities. Daily the team will work closely with traders and market counterparties to investigate and resolve trading queries for the Bonds and secondary traded products, Futures, Options & FX. Part of the Investment Bank Middle Office & Operations the team communicates with partners locally, regionally & globally and works through a variety of mediums with the goal of maximising the settlement efficiency and delivery to our counterparties. The role is an excellent opportunity to get exposure to trading & product control activities and develop a strong operational skills set.
JPMorgan’s Investment Bank provides market leading worldwide public underwriting and secondary market activities for Cash Security Products through its Credit, Rates and Global Emerging Markets businesses, primarily selling to Asset Managers, Hedge Funds, Insurance Companies and Banks.
The range of Credit and Rates products includes; Government and Agency Bonds, Corporate Bonds, Emerging Market Bonds, Mortgage and Asset Backed Securities, Commercial Paper and Certificates of Deposit.
Key Responsibilities include:
· Supporting New Issues – Syndication / CCP3 / EMTN / CD’s
· Trade investigations for Credit/Rates both cash and repo activity
· Trade Affirmation/Confirmation of all unmatched trades for a variety of trading desks across Credit and Rates businesses.
· Close coordination with other support groups globally, such as front office, trader assistant teams and settlements, to resolve potential settlement issues.
· Ensure continuity of daily trade processing to allow for greater STP and exception queue monitoring such as client and issue reference data and cash accruals.
· Investigation and resolution of trade queries and trading reports.
· Some system migration work may also be required as the business transitions from Concorde to Athena in 2014.
· Supporting new market, compliance, regulatory changes as well as new business opportunities and implementing them into the existing process with quality controls
· Possible requirement to work UK Bank Holidays.
· Possible shift and occasional weekend working to support business migrations and contingency testing.
· Core hours : 9am-5pm, however expectation to work overtime as the business requires.
The successful applicant with have;
· Excellent communication – Much of the role requires dialogue with trading desks, operations and 3rd parties on a local and regional level.
· Time management – There are numerous deadlines and processes across the day and the candidate must be able to deal with issues and escalations in a fast paced environment.
· Numeracy – Many of the investigations will require a good level of numeracy to calculate interest amounts and be comfortable dealing with volumes of data at speed.
· Team-work - The ability to work effectively as part of a team working to deliver against core business objectives such as improving settlement efficiency of Trade support.
· Ability to work well under pressure is essential as there are significant operational losses associated with non completion of daily processes.
· Fixed Income experience
· Graduate qualification or equivalent
· Experience working in an investment bank environment.
· Good industry and operational knowledge of European Securities Markets.
· Intermediate excel – Comfortable with basic macros and pivot tables.
PLEASE NOTE: ALL INTERNAL MOVES WILL TAKE PLACE ON THE SAME GRADE AND SAME SALARY. ANY PROMOTION OR SALARY DISCUSSIONS WILL BE HELD AT YEAR END.