J.P. Morgan is a global leader in financial services, offering solutions to the world's most important corporations, governments and institutions in more than 100 countries.
Derivatives Operations provide operational support to Markets, Investor Services and Banking businesses across the CIB. Key product areas include Currencies, OTC Derivatives, Collateral Principal, Global Clearing, CASS & Outsourcing and Expense Management Unit with a global team of ~1500 colleagues. Services provided to our Businesses include:
· Transaction Processing, Confirmation, Settlement and Clearing, Collateral Management, Client Service, Expense Management and CASS & Outsourcing Support
· Typical daily activity includes settling in excess of $2TRN via FX trades, leading a Markets OTC portfolio of 3M trades, managing collateral balances in excess of $350BN and processing ~700K cleared and intermediary trades
Global Clearing Operations supports Clearing, Reconciliations, Middle Office, F&O House Ops, Expiries & Deliveries, Settlement, Brokerage, Client On-boarding, Client Money, Regulatory Reporting, Static Data Management and Position Management.
· JPM is the 2nd largest Futures Commission Merchant based on Client Assets
· Processes ~750,000 cleared and intermediated trades daily
· Provides clearing at 62 global Clearing Houses
· Settled USD equivalent 24.3Bn in physical deliveries Q1 2016
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
The OTC Clearing team provides client service functions for the OTC Credit, Rates, Equities and FX Clearing and Prime Brokerage businesses. The primary functions will focus on day to day Client Service, transactional support and controls, supporting OTC Clearing and Prime Brokerage clients. The role will have extensive client interaction as well as opportunity to develop a deep understanding of products, internal systems, processes and support teams. Candidates will need to have a clear understanding of trade flow management. Knowledge of the confirmation, settlement, P&L process as well as understanding of portfolio tear ups/compression would be advantageous. Additionally, the Client Service and clearing agenda is complex and challenging as candidates will be expected to play key roles in developing new process and opportunities. This role will involve daily interaction with clients, middle office & operations groups globally as well as frequent interaction with technology and project delivery teams. This role could be suitable for someone considering flexible working.
Summary of Responsibilities
· End to end owner of the FX trade and support processes, coordinating all aspects of Operations Service delivery/training to the client
· Partner with client to understand business and their required service needs. Validate client requirements vs services offered and implement support processes where necessary.
· Management of non-process related client queries.
· Maximize client leverage of self-service tools
· Review Client specific quality MIS (Critical to Quality, CTQ) and key performance indicators (KPI), feedback to client and resolve issues.
Skills and Qualifications
· Builds Customer Loyalty & Confidence: Responsive and value adding. Delivery orientated and closes issues. Sound Judgment Communicates Effectively: Excellent written and verbal skills. Networks to establish effective delivery.
· Demonstrates Stress Management Ability: Has perspective and can see issues and goals from different angles and levels. Composed, listens, and manages the conversation, offers support, Identifies the root causes and takes action.
· Demonstrates Excellent Team Working Skills and Personal Motivation: Quick learner, open approach, respectful energetic, self-motivated and can motivate others. Keen to initiate and try new smart working ideas.
· Reliable, Loyal and Professional: Takes ownership and demonstrates commitment. Etiquette, integrity and understands diversity.
· Minimum Bachelor’s degree.