J.P. Morgan is a global leader in financial services, offering solutions to the world's most important corporations, governments and institutions in more than 100 countries.
Derivatives Operations provide operational support to Markets, Investor Services and Banking businesses across the CIB. Key product areas include Currencies, OTC Derivatives, Collateral Principal, Global Clearing, CASS & Outsourcing and Expense Management Unit with a global team of ~1500 colleagues. Services provided to our Businesses include:
· Transaction Processing, Confirmation, Settlement and Clearing, Collateral Management, Client Service, Expense Management and CASS & Outsourcing Support
· Typical daily activity includes settling in excess of $2TRN via FX trades, leading a Markets OTC portfolio of 3M trades, managing collateral balances in excess of $350BN and processing ~700K cleared and intermediary trades
Global Clearing Operations supports Clearing, Reconciliations, Middle Office, F&O House Ops, Expiries & Deliveries, Settlement, Brokerage, Client On-boarding, Client Money, Regulatory Reporting, Static Data Management and Position Management.
· JPM is the 2nd largest Futures Commission Merchant based on Client Assets
· Processes ~750,000 cleared and intermediated trades daily
· Provides clearing at 62 global Clearing Houses
· Settled USD equivalent 24.3Bn in physical deliveries Q1 2016
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
London . We’ve been in London since the 1930s. It’s our headquarters for Europe, the Middle East and Africa. We offer an unparalleled client base and leadership across the spectrum of financial services products. We’re honored to be a premier financial institution in the U.K. But we’re just as proud of our ties to the community. The teams across our multiple offices support the Social Mobility Foundation, which helps disadvantaged youth get into top universities and organizations.
F&O Middle Office require motivated individuals to perform key control functions and liaise with our clients regarding all of their Operational requirements.Partnering with our execution desks, clearing teams and other internal support areas, the primary responsibilities are relationship management, query management and full adherence to regulatory commitments. This is a dynamic and challenging environment working to give excellent Client Service.
Between the teams the EMEA Client Service desk works shifts between 7.00 and 19:00 GMT.
The individual will be constantly looking at ways to improve the offering and challenge any existing processes and will frequently need to think on their feet as new challenges will arise from the client base. They will need to be organised and have the ability to multitask in a high-pressureenvironment.
Summary of Responsibilities
· Client liaison – Single point of contact for all trade breaks, commission breaks, reporting queries and adhoc queries, liasing with various internal teams to resolve these issues whilst maintaining the highest level of client service.
· Timely and accurate product expiry management
· Opportunity for travel to visit clients for service review meetings, adhoc meetings, client training
· Initiating and participating in process improvement initiatives.
· Project work including managing stakeholders and driving change
Skills and Qualifications
· F&O experience is desirable, although not essential
· An understanding of the F&O product flow and the trade lifecycle participants (e.g. brokers, clearers, exchanges, advisors etc..)
· F&O product knowledge – trade lifecycle events (e.g. expiries, deliveries), high level understanding of margining
· Experience of performance in a customer service role, either supervising or individually
· Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to communicate across multiple aspects of the organization at various levels with the ability to work under pressure. This should include strong written and verbal communication skills
· Ability to work accurately and effectively under pressure
· Take ownership and display the ability to follow through with departmental objectives whilst taking into account risks involved in daily processing.Ability to identify process inefficiencies to improve capacity, efficiency and control
Would suit someone looking for a flexible working opportunity