J.P. Morgan is a global leader in financial services, offering solutions to the world's most important corporations, governments and institutions in more than 100 countries.
Derivatives Operations provide operational support to Markets, Investor Services and Banking businesses across the CIB. Key product areas include Currencies, OTC Derivatives, Collateral Principal, Global Clearing, CASS & Outsourcing and Expense Management Unit with a global team of ~1500 colleagues. Services provided to our Businesses include:
· Transaction Processing, Confirmation, Settlement and Clearing, Collateral Management, Client Service, Expense Management and CASS & Outsourcing Support
· Typical daily activity includes settling in excess of $2TRN via FX trades, leading a Markets OTC portfolio of 3M trades, managing collateral balances in excess of $350BN and processing ~700K cleared and intermediary trades
OTC Derivatives Operations supports a global and diverse client base. Primary functions performed: affirmation, settlement, client money daily segregation, credit event management, client valuations, regulatory reporting, and tax reporting. Facilitate transaction execution via a ‘best in class’ systematic control framework, providing integration between risk systems (Athena, GPS, Kapital, Pyramid) and vendor platforms (DTCC / TIW / Markitwire / Thunderhead).
· Manage a portfolio of 2.5M live trades
· Monthly settlement of 600,000 payments (100% increase vs. 300,000 in 2010)
· 70,000 Dodd Frank MTM and client valuation statements issued on a daily basis
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Bournemouth . Over 4,000 employees work at the Bournemouth Corporate Center. We take immense pride in our work and in helping our community. We’re proud to leverage the local workforce and engage closely with local schools and charities. Our campus is set in 13 acres of grounds and includes on-site Tennis Courts and easy access to local sports facilities. We have good transport links including our commuter bus service. The site is currently benefitting from massive investment, redeveloping the office space into a High Performance Workspace and adding exciting new offerings to our communal spaces. We have 2 restaurants on site offering a wide range of healthy options. The staff are able to join in a wide range of groups from yoga to language classes, to groups supporting the diverse range of cultures represented here
The Commodities business is a department within the Derivatives Processing Centre (DPC).
The Energy Base Metal Settlements team cover both Financial & Physical transactions with a bespoke treasury responsibility.
This is an exciting opportunity to join working within the operations department in the Bournemouth campus.
The Energy and Base Metal Settlements team, located at our Chaseside office, operates between the hours of 8am and 7pm (occasionally later).
Daily responsibilities would involve:
· Contacting clients to agree settlements via incoming/outgoing communication via telephone and email.
· Investigating queries on all trades prior to Settlement– liaising with the business (front/middle office and marketing teams) to effectively and efficiently resolve any issues and to ensure that the settlements are agreed on a daily basis.
· Completing all confirmation of settlement invoices on a day to day basis and supporting all month-end activities.
· Release of all payments in a controlled and timely manner, adhering to currency cut off times.
· Escalating issues to management as appropriate.
· The team cover both EMEA and a North American client base with some Asia overlap.
· Daily funding processes.
Summary of Responsibilities
· Facing internal and external clients & managing requests / relationships
· Responsible for ensuring all deadlines are met and for escalating issues appropriately and in a timely manner.
· Ability to challenge current processes and identify process / control improvements and implement.
· Controls and risk focus to ensure the team is operating at the highest compliant standard.
· Adherent to all Bank settlement policies and currency cut off times.
Skills and Qualifications
· Proven ability to meet, and maintain tight deadlines/targets/ achieve resolution of issues and results.
· Display a flexible approach to work and is adaptable and welcome to change.
· Works co-operatively and productively with others to achieve results.
· Proven ability to build a strong rapport with customers and colleagues alike.
· Demonstrates ownership of issues and able to prioritise and respond to client needs in a timely manner.
Would suit someone looking for a flexible working opportunity