JP Morgan Introduction:
J.P. Morgan is a leading global financial services firm, established over 200 years ago:
o We are the leader in investment banking, financial services for consumers and small businesses, commercial banking, financial transaction processing, and asset management.
o We have assets of $2.5 trillion and operations worldwide
o We operate in more than 100 markets.
o We have more than 243,000 employees globally.
Our wholesale businesses include J.P. Morgan’s Asset Management, Commercial Banking and the Corporate & Investment Bank which provide products and services to corporations, governments, municipalities, non-profits, institutions, financial intermediaries and high-net worth individuals and families.
Our corporate functions support the entire organization and include the following functions: Accounting, Audit, Finance, Human Resources, Operations, and Technology.
J.P. Morgan in India provides a comprehensive range of Corporate & Investment Banking, Commercial Banking, Asset & Wealth Management, and Corporate functions services and solutions to our clients, executing some of the most important financial transactions and providing essential strategic advice to our clients such as the government, large domestic and multi-national corporations, non-government organizations and financial institutions and investors. India is a key market for JPMorgan Chase globally and our employees in India are a critical part of how we do business globally and are integrated within our businesses. Our Global Service Centers (GSCs) are strategically positioned in Mumbai, Bangalore and Hyderabad to support the firm’s operations regionally and globally. The centers provide comprehensive strategic support across technology and business operations processing to all lines of business and the corporate functions.
Within the CIB CAO Business Architecture and Transformation Group the SCPP-Program team is responsible for delivering strategic platforms for businesses across Markets & Investor Services. Aligned to Securities Core Processing Operations unit, this Change Management function is intended to enhance the risk and control environment, retire legacy systems and create operational synergies and efficiencies. The Team Business Implementation and Test Utility is a technically and functionally (knowledge relevant to Investor Services - Custody and Heritage IB business and technical environment within JP Morgan) qualified delivery team which conducts business implementation and testing for strategic and business as usual change projects and programs.
The successful candidate will be analysing all phases of project life cycle, with primary responsibility of delivery of metrics and reporting to inform changes to the business implementation and testing process. In addition to collection of data from the project delivery activity in the global team, the key contribution is developing efficiencies and improving productivity informed by the collection and examination of data from existing processes. The role provides an opportunity to work in large scale transformation programs with an exposure to multiple products and business lines.
· Analyse and understand current testing and implementation processes, events and flows.
· Participate in defining conversion / migration / transition approach.
· Build / Review end to end business scenarios / flows for Operations validation and testing purposes.
· Analyse and improve project plan, test plan, time line charts, progress and status reports.
· Conduct post releases lessons learned analysis and implement action plan.
· Identify and consolidate defects / deviations from original requirements and solution.
· Assess and highlight key blockers to plan, issues, risks, workarounds and assist in planning mitigation.
· Produce status report and management reports.
· Liaise with key stakeholders and partner with technology, product and operations.
· Collect, assess and act on metrics, KRIs, KPIs.
Qualifications - External
- Project management and lifecycle experience. Test management experience.
- Book of work management against capacity. Investment Initiative planning.
- Environment management and capacity planning (user view).
- Ability to engage and partner with lines of businesses, tech, product and vendors.
- Clear, effective communication skills.
· Strong background in data analysis and/or process improvement
· Project lead and lifecycle experience.
· Exposure to testing and/or business implementation processes.
· Ability to engage and partner with lines of businesses, tech, product and vendors.
· Clear, effective communication skills.
· Team worker / Team lead skills.