CIB – Business Architecture and Re-engineering – Business Analyst – Associate (601/602)
This position is to work as a Business Analyst on the strategic rewrite of the Corporate Action Instruction tool (CAI), part of the CIB Trade Utility. The development of the replacement application is currently underway and will deliver a more holistic Asset Servicing platform for not only the existing Custody business but accommodate the strategic provision of Middle Office Services.
The successful candidate will need to develop a keen understanding of the business needs, securing a strong understanding of the processes and responsibilities of all those involved in the business workflow, and be able to articulate these requirements into clear User Stories with clear Acceptance Criteria. As the project progresses, we will also require the role to facilitate migration planning and present internal overviews of the new application.
The focus of the development is currently Custody and will move on to Middle Office Services. It would be expected that a Business Analyst would be comfortable in either of these areas.
Key responsibilities would include:
· Ensuring our Utility strategy is maintained across different instruments and Lines of Business
· Gaining agreement on the implementation approach that balances the principles of the existing CAI application, the future state technology architecture and the future state operating model. (IMOS)
· Requirements gathering and clear articulation to wider team of developers, testers and Operations Users
· End-to-end responsibility for delivering your User Stories into production.
· Migration planning to move existing users from the current tools onto the new application.
· Potential for Internal Train the Trainer of the application, to develop familiarity of those supporting the application to the business.
· Business analysis skills including workflow and requirements analysis
· Proven track record of experience in a business analyst role
· Experience of Agile development methodologies preferred including writing User Stories, definition of Acceptance Criteria, Scrum and Story prioritisation
· Understanding of Transaction Capture processes is essential
· Custody Experience – Specifically Asset Servicing (Corporate Actions, Dividend Income Processing), desirable
· Middle Office Services knowledge desirable
· Comfortable with technical concepts and flows as well as operational needs
· Ability to communicate with key SME's to understand at a technical level system's 'as-is' model.
· The ability to present and absorb complex ideas quickly and accurately
· Able to explain both verbally and written in stories complex concepts clearly to development and testing team
· Quick learner with strong attention to detail
· Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
· Strong communication and presentation skills
· Strong prioritisation and time-management skills
· Competent in developing strategic product programs
· Self-motivated individual, comfortable working without close supervision and with ability to work to deadlines
· Proficient in MS Office Suite (Excel, Access, Word, PowerPoint)
· Experience of Waterfall development methodologies an advantage
· Experience of using JIRA and advantage
· Testing experience an advantage
· Migration planning.
· Comfortable in providing internal overviews of the new application to the Business.