About JPMorgan Chase & Co.:
J.P. Morgan's Corporate & Investment Bank is a global leader across banking, markets and investor services. The world's most important corporations, governments and institutions entrust us with their business in more than 100 countries. With $21.2 trillion of assets under custody and $419.6 billion in deposits, the Corporate & Investment Bank provides strategic advice, raises capital, manages risk and extends liquidity in markets around the world.
Across our business, our goal is to help clients succeed, contribute to orderly and well-functioning markets and support global economic growth. J.P. Morgan has had a special relationship with our clients for more than 200 years.
The role provides the opportunity to join the exciting “Markets Execution” responsible for transforming the CIB by building digital products which tap into emerging trends, technologies, electronic platforms, and partnerships. Led by David Hudson, Markets Execution will transform the way we, and our clients, do business. The team is thoughtful in balancing due diligence with speed to market and creativity with discipline in order to produce best-in-class, efficient, thoughtful digital solutions for our clients.
About the Platform Offering:
The role is an opportunity to become a key contributor to the “J.P. Morgan Developer (https://developer.jpmorgan.com)” platform, an exciting and growing platform offering within Markets Execution’s “CIB Digital Products and Services” team. The platform is providing a best-in-class experience for Client and JPMC technologists to discover and connect to APIs and other micro-services, as well as a highly performant API distribution and commercialization infrastructure.
Publicly launched in February of this year, this new platform is experiencing exciting growth and is looking to grow the passionate team focused on delivering transformative API-based business solutions while pushing the platform forward.
This platform provides a centralized view of APIs across businesses and enables internal and external developers to discover API specifications, access testing tools, manage on-boarding and support. The portal is the central registry for all API services and it provides publishing tools which makes it easy for application teams to document and distribute their APIs.
J.P. Morgan Developer was featured in an article within Business Insider last month titled “J.P. Morgan pulled a move from the Google playbook – and opened a new front in the battle for business on Wall Street”.
The incumbent will play a crucial role in both advancing the capabilities of the J.P. Morgan Developer API platform and managing the salient aspects of project delivery. The position requires strong technical skills, analytical and communication skills, a technical approach to problem solving, and the ability to work with different teams in a constantly changing environment.
This is a fascinating time in our industry. By now, it’s a cliché that Banks will have to embrace technology and innovation if they are to thrive in the years to come. We are already bought into this and are committed to show that we can do it, and are looking for others to join. You will:
· Work on some of the most complex problems imaginable at the intersection of two dynamic industries: finance and technology
· Develop cutting-edge technological solutions that are in complete alignment with the firm’s agenda of driving innovation and digital excellence
· Interact with business and technology teams across JPM to inspire innovation and champion change throughout the bank
· Partner with cross-functional teams in order to track, drive and co-ordinate API delivery
· Prioritize and organize requirements coming in from various stakeholders into separate work-streams as appropriate
· Design, analyze, develop, test, document and push components to production in partnership with the API technology team
· Adopt and practice Agile methodologies including, but not limited to, story creation and grooming, sprint planning, test planning, complexity analysis, standup calls, and sprint retrospectives
· Translate business and design requirements into technical requirements which can be categorized into themes, epics and stories that make sense for developers.
· Drive project delivery and processes around release management, functional testing, release notifications, user testing, etc.
· Partner with related technology teams to enable developers to publish new APIs, document APIs, understand latest product features, etc.
· Communicate and collaborate on development items with global teams, as well as raise/work to resolve issues impacting development
· Basic knowledge of web application development and familiarity with the overall software development process
· Exposure to basic SCRUM/Agile methodologies
· Strong attention to detail with excellent problem solving skills and ability to work with tight deadlines
· Proven ability to work with a project team to develop a strategy, technical solution, and ultimately to implement high quality technical solutions
· Good communication skills (verbal and written) with the ability to communicate complex issues to technical and non-technical audiences that include peers, product owners, and other stakeholders
· Ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously and independently, while maintaining a high degree of communication and escalation at appropriate junctures
The successful candidate should also possess the following attributes:
· Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Computer Science, Information Systems, Finance, or a related field, or equivalent work experience
· Strong work ethic, self-starter who is creative with a ‘can-do’ attitude
· Ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously and independently, while maintaining a high degree of communication and escalation
· Team player, comfortable working in a fast-paced environment
· Structured and analytical approach to problem solving
· Experience in/Knowledge of financial markets
· Prior application development or business analysis experience
About J.P. Morgan’s Corporate & Investment Bank:
J.P. Morgan’s Corporate & Investment Bank is a global leader across banking, markets and investor services. The world’s most important corporations, governments and institutions entrust us with their business in more than 100 countries. With $18 trillion of assets under custody and $393 billion in deposits, the Corporate & Investment Bank provides strategic advice, raises capital, manages risk and extends liquidity in markets around the world. Further information about J.P. Morgan is available at www.jpmorgan.com .
JPMorgan Chase & Co. offers an exceptional benefits program and a highly competitive compensation package. JPMorgan Chase & Co. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.