CIB – Global Credit Trading & Syndicate – Credit Product Development – Associate
About J.P. Morgan
JPMorgan Chase & Co. (NYSE: JPM) is a leading global financial services firm with assets of $2.5 trillion and operations worldwide. The firm is a leader in investment banking, financial services for consumers and small business, commercial banking, financial transaction processing, and asset management. A component of the Dow Jones Industrial Average, JPMorgan Chase & Co. serves millions of consumers in the United States and many of the world's most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under its J.P. Morgan and Chase brands. Information about JPMorgan Chase & Co. is available at www.jpmorganchase.com .
The opportunity is to join a front office product development & structuring team within Credit Trading & Syndicate. The candidate will be required to: (i) work on transactions including structured notes (issued by JPMorgan, SPVs & funds), structured derivatives, receivables securitisations and dynamic portfolio trades; (ii) help to develop new issuance platforms; and (iii) work with sales & marketing to promote investor understanding and use of JPMorgan’s non-flow credit platform capabilities.
· Advise on, structure and execute new EMEA and Asia ex Japan structured credit note and credit linked swap business
· Illiquids/receivables securitisations
· Join discussions with clients on new structures
· Manage restructures, amendments, unwinds and other actions on legacy trades
· Development of new delivery platforms (note issuance, managed swaps)
· Maintenance and development of existing delivery platforms
The role requires a confident individual who is able to excel in a fast paced front office environment. Candidates should have excellent communication skills, strong analytical skills and a proactive approach to getting transactions over the line. They should be able to juggle multiple transactions and projects simultaneously and be at ease dealing with marketers, traders and clients.
· Good structured products/general derivatives and credit derivatives knowledge/background
· Strong communication and project management skills
· Ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines
· Ability to draft termsheets and review documents quickly and accurately
· An understanding/experience of repackaging’s, securitizations and/or CLOs .
This role encompasses the performance of UK regulated activity. The successful candidate will therefore be subject to meeting UK regulatory requirements in the assessment of fitness, propriety, knowledge and competence (as assessed by the Firm) and (where appropriate) approval by the UK Financial Conduct Authority and/or the Prudential Regulation Authority to carry out such activities.
About J.P. Morgan’s Corporate & Investment Bank:
J.P. Morgan’s Corporate & Investment Bank is a global leader across banking, markets and investor services. The world’s most important corporations, governments and institutions entrust us with their business in more than 100 countries. With $18 trillion of assets under custody and $393 billion in deposits, the Corporate & Investment Bank provides strategic advice, raises capital, manages risk and extends liquidity in markets around the world. Further information about J.P. Morgan is available at www.jpmorgan.com .
JPMorgan Chase & Co. offers an exceptional benefits program and a highly competitive compensation package. JPMorgan Chase & Co. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.