About J.P. Morgan’s Corporate & Investment Bank
J.P. Morgan’s Corporate & Investment Bank is a global leader across banking, markets and investor services. The world’s most important corporations, governments and institutions entrust us with their business in more than 100 countries. With $18 trillion of assets under custody and $393 billion in deposits, the Corporate & Investment Bank provides strategic advice, raises capital, manages risk and extends liquidity in markets around the world.
About J.P. Morgan Automated Trading Strategies (ATS) group
J.P. Morgan is a top tier liquidity provider in global macro markets offering competitive pricing across commodities products. The Automated Trading Strategies (ATS) group drives systematic trading within this space and are responsible for algorithmic pricing, automated risk management and hedging, and intelligent order execution strategies.
The trading strategist will work as part of the ATS front-office team on the Commodities floor in London with a focus on Commodities markets, primarily Precious and Base metals, Energy and Indices. The environment is fast-paced and challenging. The individual must be responsible, independent and able to work in smooth coordination with the larger team to drive the desk's revenue.
The individual will cover a wide range of responsibilities and work closely with the trading desk to drive revenue and expand the business. These include designing trading and execution strategies; researching micro-patterns and trends; building, maintaining and upgrading applications & tools; supporting day-to-day operation. Some on call time will be expected.
· Work with trading professionals in various countries to tailor pricing strategies for various Commodities
· Derive manual/semi-manual/automatic hedging solutions with risk managers to extract the best values out of our flows
· Work in close collaboration with sales to explore ways to expand our e-commerce footprint in the region
· Look for unique automated trading opportunities in EMEA to drive our trading revenue
· Understand the firm's approach and policies for managing risks in relevant business and applicable legal and regulatory rules, and follows policies.
· Balance potentially competing needs across clients, internal partners and the firm.
These points have been carefully considered as being essential for the role. Your background must accurately reflect all of these for your application to be considered.
· Interest in market microstructures and quantitative Commodities trading in global markets
· Attention to detail, adaptable and hungry to learn
· Design and programming skills, with primary focus on Python and Java.
· Interest in applying agile development practices in a front-office trading environment.
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills as this position involves frequent interaction with different teams in the firm.
· Demonstrable proficiency with market and product terminology.
· Ability to think strategically and creatively when faced with problems and opportunities. Always looking for new ways of doing things and understanding the benefits of leveraging the firms scale.
· Understands the different types of risk and able to discuss in detail ways of managing these risks.
· Ability to thrive on the challenge of competitive pressures and remain focused on client needs.
· Ability to communicate concepts and ideas, both verbally and via documentation, and be able to defend their validity and target messages to different audiences.
· Self-directed, highly motivated, and able to work independently.
· Degree in Engineering, Mathematics, Physics, Computer Science or equivalent
· Commodities markets experience and general trading concepts and terminology. Experience in the pricing and risk management of Commodities derivatives will be a big advantage
· Experience of working with exchanges, especially CME, ICE and LME
· Direct experience of agile software methodologies
This role encompasses the performance of UK regulated activity. The successful candidate will therefore be subject to meeting UK regulatory requirements in the assessment of fitness, propriety, knowledge and competence (as assessed by the Firm) and (where appropriate) approval by the UK Financial Conduct Authority and/or the Prudential Regulation Authority to carry out such activities.
About J.P. Morgan’s Corporate & Investment Bank:
J.P. Morgan’s Corporate & Investment Bank is a global leader across banking, markets and investor services. The world’s most important corporations, governments and institutions entrust us with their business in more than 100 countries. With $18 trillion of assets under custody and $393 billion in deposits, the Corporate & Investment Bank provides strategic advice, raises capital, manages risk and extends liquidity in markets around the world. Further information about J.P. Morgan is available at www.jpmorgan.com .
JPMorgan Chase & Co. offers an exceptional benefits program and a highly competitive compensation package. JPMorgan Chase & Co. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.