JP Morgan’s Global Commodities Group, within the Corporate & Investment Bank, operates from primary offices across Europe, North America and Asia. The business offers clients a global platform to a full spectrum of physical and financial products across energy, agricultural, environmental and metal commodities as well as more complex exotic structuring.
The commodities business is a challenging, fast-paced area of growth within an ever changing regulatory environment. Our group operates at the centre of the London metals market providing support for both our market leading base metals and precious metals businesses. We are a category 2 member of the London Metals Exchange and one of 5 full members of the London Bullion Market Association.
As a member of Physical Base Metals Trade Support you will work within the Global Commodities team, specifically with the London office as part of the EMEA Operations group. Working closely with the London Metals trading and sales desks, you will provide end-to-end trade support, being a key point of contact between vendors and clients, helping to ensure smooth settlement of physical metal, both on and off-warrant material.
PLEASE NOTE – This role will require occasional early starts at 7am, to support the Chinese client business, approx 1-2 weeks per month on average. Please consider this before applying for the role.
· Providing operational and logistical support for the metals trading desk
· Facilitating settlement of physical base metals globally
· Operation of effective controls and reconciliations
· Daily interaction with partners across the business including technology, front office, back office, credit, legal and business management.
· The applicant will also be involved in project work and supporting the on-going change agenda.
· Proven ability to meet, and maintain tight deadlines/targets
· Display a flexible approach to work, is adaptable and welcoming to change
· Takes personal responsibility for tasks and actions
· Works effectively and efficiently with a focus on detail and accuracy
· Good prioritization and time management skills
· Excellent client service skills
· Previous experience in similar physical logistics role, with experience of INCO terms and cargo documents such as Bills of Lading would be advantageous
· Commodity experience preferred (preferably in metals)
· Strong PC skills (including Excel)
· Strong technical and analytical skills
· Problem solving skills
About J.P. Morgan Corporate & Investment Bank
J.P. Morgan’s Corporate & Investment Bank (CIB) is a global leader across banking, markets and investor services. The world’s most important corporations, governments and institutions entrust us with their business in more than 100 countries. With $18 trillion of assets under custody and $393 billion in deposits, the Corporate & Investment Bank provides strategic advice, raises capital, manages risk and extends liquidity in markets around the world.
About J.P. Morgan Chase & Co.
J.P. Morgan Chase & Co. (NYSE: JPM) is a leading global financial services firm with assets of $2.1 trillion and operations in more than 60 countries. The firm is a leader in investment banking, financial services for consumers, small business and commercial banking, financial transaction processing, asset management and private equity. A component of the Dow Jones Industrial Average, J.P. Morgan Chase & Co. serves millions of consumers in the United States and many of the world’s most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under its J.P. Morgan and Chase brands. Information about J.P. Morgan Chase & Co. is available at www.jpmorganchase.com .
JPMorgan offers an exceptional benefits program and a highly competitive compensation package.
JPMorgan is an Equal Opportunity Employer.