The CIB Controls group is responsible for defining and overseeing the global CIB control environment with a key emphasis on ensuring a robust end-to-end risk and control framework is in place with consistent execution across all CIB businesses. In support of the business the CIB Controls group is directly responsible for:
· Governance & Oversight: provides administrative support for Business Control Committees
· Regulatory Management: manages control aspects of Regulatory inquiries & exams
· Risk Identification & Assessment: Manages Risk Control Self-Assessment program, review and validation of Operational risk events.
· Policy & Procedure: Supports the implementation of Policies.
· Ongoing Monitoring: Oversees issues & action plans, operational loss and root cause analysis.
· Major Control programs: Provides governance, coordination and execution of control projects
The CIB Governance and Initiatives group (G&I) a function within CIB Controls is primarily responsible for the implementation and ongoing oversight of the CIB controls governance framework and the program management of major regulatory and firmwide control programs.
The CIB Policy and Procedures Governance team is part of the Governance & Initiatives group and leads and manages policy and procedure governance across the CIB. The team is responsible for the CIB’s policy and procedure framework, including: (1) supporting the Business’s implementation of policies; (2) overseeing the management of policies and procedures; (3) instructing the Business on drafting new policies and procedures; (4) administering the CIB Policy Forum; and (5) partnering with CIB programs, including ongoing remediation of existing CIB procedures, to ensure the consistent application of the procedure framework.
· Document management of CIB policies and procedures, including overseeing the review, amendment, approval and retirement of documents
· Collaborate with corporate functions to implement technology solutions for policies and procedures, represent CIB on relevant working groups, review the impact of proposed technology enhancements on CIB stakeholders and participate in User Acceptance Testing (UAT)
· Support the CIB Office of Legal Obligations (OLO) program with regard to policies and procedures
· Work with policy owners, Operations and the Business to ensure policies and procedures are implemented
· Produce monthly management information reporting on policies and procedures
· Develop and execute training plans for CIB policy owners and managers
· Support the administration of the CIB Policy Forum
· Maintain the team’s SharePoint site and materials
· Bachelor’s degree required
· Experience in financial services, preferably in oversight and controls, operations and/or Compliance, an advantage
Highly disciplined approach to process and quality control and good attention to detail
· Excellent analytical skills: Able to develop, clearly present and draw conclusions
· Investigative mind-set: Able to see issues at both a high-level and in detail
· Proactive approach to problem solving: Taking ownership of issues and fixes
· Relationship management: Must have the ability to develop and maintain strong partnerships with numerous teams and key stakeholders.
· Excellent communication skills – both verbal and written. Ability to present concisely, direct and timely communications to management and key partners
· Ability to work independently, as well as part of a team.
· Advanced knowledge of Word, PowerPoint and Excel.
About J.P. Morgan’s Corporate & Investment Bank:
J.P. Morgan’s Corporate & Investment Bank is a global leader across banking, markets and investor services. The world’s most important corporations, governments and institutions entrust us with their business in more than 100 countries. With $18 trillion of assets under custody and $393 billion in deposits, the Corporate & Investment Bank provides strategic advice, raises capital, manages risk and extends liquidity in markets around the world. Further information about J.P. Morgan is available at www.jpmorgan.com .
JPMorgan Chase & Co. offers an exceptional benefits program and a highly competitive compensation package. JPMorgan Chase & Co. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.