CIB F&BM Global Equities External Reporting – Associate
Global Equities F&BM Controllers organisation is looking for a strong associate to work within the External Reporting team. Global Equities is a complex business operating across multiple entities, regions and regulatory jurisdictions.
Working within a small, expert team, the candidate will support key external disclosures across the business globally, including the various disclosures that form part of the firm’s quarterly 10Q and annual 10K file with SEC and the quarterly FRY15, FRY9C and Call Report; eg, Fair Value Option, Off Balance Sheet Reporting, Long Term Debt, FVM, True Sale & FAS 107.
In addition, the candidate will be involved in a wide number of new reporting and business initiatives covering US, UK and EMEA.
The external reporting environment is undergoing significant changes over the next few years and candidate will be involved in a broad number of new initiatives as a result.
The role requires communication with a broad range of counterparts and stakeholders across the regions, including accounting policy, product controllers, financial controllers, entity controllers, tax, legal, various project teams, business control officers and the front office. Strong relationship management skills are needed to be effective; expansion of personal networks is encouraged.
The role also provides the successful candidate with the opportunity to work on efficiency improvement projects, process re-engineering and develop some project management experience.
Competencies and skills:
· Accountant preferred; regulatory understanding key (US GAAP/SEC reporting desirable)
· Strong analysis and data manipulation skills; strong Excel skills
· Attention to detail; strong self-review of work
· Well organised; ability to prioritise, multi-task, meet deadlines and work under pressure
· Banking experience and some understanding of Equities products are desirable, but not mandatory
· Enthusiastic self starter; inquisitive/curious; desire to understand the ‘big picture’
· Good problem solving skills and ability to work independently
· Proactive and willing to accept responsibility
· Excellent communication and relationship building skills; Team player
· Keen focus on continuous process and reporting improvements
· Control focused.
About J.P. Morgan’s Corporate & Investment Bank:
J.P. Morgan’s Corporate & Investment Bank is a global leader across banking, markets and investor services. The world’s most important corporations, governments and institutions entrust us with their business in more than 100 countries. With $18 trillion of assets under custody and $393 billion in deposits, the Corporate & Investment Bank provides strategic advice, raises capital, manages risk and extends liquidity in markets around the world. Further information about J.P. Morgan is available at www.jpmorgan.com .
“JPMorgan Chase & Co. offers an exceptional benefits program and a highly competitive compensation package. JPMorgan Chase & Co. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and a member of the UK Government’s Disability Confident Scheme.”
Closing date : November 08, 2018