The Currencies and Emerging Markets team sits within the Corporate and Investment Bank (CIB) Finance and Business Management group. The role supports the Exotics and Hybrids trading team. The trading desk market make in Emerging markets across a broad range of Fixed Income and FX products. The business also provide structured deals for clients, for example funded and unfunded TRS, leveraged CLNs, and medium to long term financing.
The candidate will be responsible for producing accurate and timely daily Risk and P&L for the Exotics and Hybrids businesses across EMEA and LATAM. You will partner with the Trading business, Operations, Market Risk and Financial Control among others to ensure that the overall control environment from end to end is sound.
Key responsibilities may involve:
· Production of daily P&L and Risk for the Exotics businesses that will involve substantiation through current risk, market moves and comparison to trader predicts.
· Undertaking detailed deal reviews that encompass capturing trade booking flows and impacts of transactions on Market Risk, Valuations, Balance Sheet and External Reporting and Regulatory Capital.
· Providing explanations of P&L and Risk to other stakeholders: Business Managers, Valuation Control Group (VCG), Market Risk.
· Month End - Reconciliation of reported P&L to general ledger. Requesting GL adjustments for any variances. Review of reserve moves and other month end adjustments.
· Monitoring potential risks across the whole trade cycle, e.g. breaks between the risk management system and the ledger, nostros, and trade booking errors.
· Continuous improvement of the control environment.
· Support any new initiatives, for example new reporting systems or new products.
Individuals will be expected to be familiar with business performance. In addition the individual will be expected to understand the responsibilities and dependencies of the user population and develop a high level of cross product knowledge.
Good understanding of Interest rates and FX structured and vanilla products such as PRDC’s, TARN’s, Repos, callable notes, FX options, interest rate swaps, cross currency swaps, forward rate agreements and the Greeks (risks) associated with these products.
Strong interpersonal skills as the role requires frequent interaction with Front Office and other groups
The ability to meet deadlines and work under pressure commensurate with the trading environment
Good communication skills – ability to relay information in a concise and articulate manner
Professional attitude, strong team player with a personable / approachable manner
Strong attention to detail and ability to work effectively to tight deadlines
Good technology skills - including MS Office (Excel Advanced, Access an advantage). Ability to code in VBA would be beneficial.
Analytical and logical manner; good at problem solving and devising solutions
Pro-active and willing to accept responsibility
About J.P. Morgan’s Corporate & Investment Bank:
J.P. Morgan’s Corporate & Investment Bank is a global leader across banking, markets and investor services. The world’s most important corporations, governments and institutions entrust us with their business in more than 100 countries. With $18 trillion of assets under custody and $393 billion in deposits, the Corporate & Investment Bank provides strategic advice, raises capital, manages risk and extends liquidity in markets around the world. Further information about J.P. Morgan is available at www.jpmorgan.com .
JPMorgan Chase & Co. offers an exceptional benefits program and a highly competitive compensation package. JPMorgan Chase & Co. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and a member of the UK Government’s Disability Confident Scheme.