This role is part of Product Development team who are responsible for delivering strategic change. The primary team objective is to deliver strategic platforms and models to the operation teams enabling process efficiencies, risk reductions and facilitating a greater scalable business model. There are numerous programs being managed by the team at any one time, and it is expected that all team members are flexible enough to interchange between multiple project streams where required.
The Product Development team is looking for a Business Analyst to work within the Financial Reporting Program. This is a global, cross-functional program with the objective of implementing an end to end strategic solution for Financial Reporting. The Business Analyst will primarily work in the General Ledger stream and will be responsible for working with business, technology and test team partners to identify General Ledger requirements, test the requirements against the vendor tools to analyze and identify gaps and recommend/implement solutions. The role will also involve planning and tracking deliverables, managing actions/ issues and ensuring a successful delivery to production.
A lot of your time will be spent liaising with people from different backgrounds across different product areas, from management to developers and other design architects to ensure the programme meets its overall objectives and adds value to the people who'll be using it.
Some of the main responsibilities you can expect to be involved in include:
· Work with business areas globally to identify, analyse and document the financial reporting requirements. Work with technology teams and vendors to translate those requirements into solutions.
· Analyse cross-system financial reporting data to gain insight and identify opportunities for improvement and convert the data analysis into actionable recommendations
· Analyse data outputs from the strategic platforms to identify root cause of issues and recommend solutions.
· Consistently strive for global standardisation and challenge outliers
· Work with technology, business users and testers to test builds and ultimately deliver them into production.
· Track project status, risks and issues and provide updates to the project lead.
Business and Subject Matter Knowledge
· Fund Accounting core processes
· Project execution and delivery
Essential Skills and competencies
· An understanding of the project management process, testing and business analysis techniques.
· A self-starter with strong analytical and problem solving skills
· Ability to think ahead and anticipate problems, issues and solutions
· Solid experience of Fund Accounting and understanding of Fund Accounting systems (ideally InvestOne)
· Ability to understand, learn and devise or apply ideas quickly
· Ability to elicit, evaluate and critique functional and technical requirements specifications
· Excellent attention to detail with a commitment to quality and continuous improvement
· A clear communicator (oral, written and presentation) and strong team player
· Ability to work as part of a remote global team will be critical
· Financial Reporting knowledge/experience advantageous but not essential
About J.P. Morgan Chase & Co:
J.P. Morgan serves one of the largest client franchises in the world. Our clients include corporations, institutional investors, hedge funds, governments and affluent individuals in more than 100 countries. J.P. Morgan is part of JPMorgan Chase & Co. (NYSE: JPM), a leading global financial services firm with assets of $2.1 trillion. The firm is a leader in investment banking, financial services for consumers, small business and commercial banking, financial transaction processing, asset management, and private equity. A component of the Dow Jones Industrial Average, JPMorgan Chase serves millions of clients and consumers under its JPMorgan and Chase, and WaMu brands.
J.P. Morgan offers an exceptional benefits program and a highly competitive compensation package. J.P. Morgan is an Equal Opportunity Employer