This is an entry-level position (geared to individuals with little or no fulltime work experience) and is part of the Asset & Wealth Management Analyst Program and is applicable to individuals who have recently earned, or are expected to obtain a Bachelor’s or Master's degree at an accredited school. This role would suit someone who has some experience in the financial markets, however, experienced professionals should apply to positions outside of this Program.
J.P. Morgan Private Bank is a global wealth management leader that delivers the highest quality advice, service, capabilities, and products to ultra-high and high net worth individuals and families in 36 countries around the world. We enjoy relationships with 40% of the individuals on the Forbes Billionaire list making us one of the largest Private Banks worldwide in terms of client assets.
We deliver highly customised and comprehensive solutions to help clients with the many complexities they face by leveraging the capabilities of the firm. Private Banking is involved with every facet of wealth management, including investments, liquidity and credit management, and tax and estate planning. Our business model focuses on deep client relationships, an integrated team structure and a platform of depth and breadth.
Full-time Analyst Program:
You will be part of a three-year Private Bank analyst program whereby you will be supporting the team of Private Bankers covering Italian ultra-high net worth clients. At the end of the three-year program, top performing Analysts will have the opportunity to be promoted to Associate by participating in an assessment centre. Promotional opportunities within J.P. Morgan are based on our business needs and your performance.
The Analyst will support the banker team in a variety of relationship management functions, primarily assisting with acquiring new ultra-high net worth clients, including document collection and presentation of materials. As well as servicing existing ones. During the three years of the programme you will be expected to explain strategy based on the knowledge of our product offering, gaining more experience in managing these important client relationships. You will work as part of a team of expert client advisors (bankers, global investment specialists, wealth advisors and capital advisors).
The job opening is for an analyst located in Milan, and the successful applicant will be involved in all aspects of the role.
· Assisting bankers in day to day relationship management duties and preparing account reviews
· Coordinating with global investment specialists, wealth advisors and capital advisors' client pitches, meeting agendas and assisting the bankers in managing client follow up
· Assisting in document collection and account openings
· Completing Due Diligence on the existing clients and key prospects
· Assisting bankers with the completion of regulatory requirements
· Comfortable speaking to and meeting with key internal stakeholders and external clients
· Building relationships internally and externally to develop a strong network of professionals that could assist in the client acquisition process
· Generating ideas and strategies driving forward new client acquisition
· Maintaining status updates on deal pipeline and prospects
· Confidence and initiative to take on responsibility and manage your own projects
· Time management and organizational skills
· Ability to thrive in a collaborative team environment
· Professional qualifications like the CFA are encouraged
· A minimum 2:1 undergraduate degree or equivalent
· Strong communication skills - both verbal and written
· Excellent attention to detail, time management and organization skills
· Good ability to multi-task
· Strong interpersonal skills and team-player
· Strong and visible interest in the financial markets
· Proficiency in Word, Excel, and Powerpoint
Candidates must demonstrate an interest and knowledgein financial markets, as well as possess excellent analytical, organisational, attention-to-detail, communication, leadership, teamwork and interpersonal skills. Initiative, enthusiasm and confidence to complete projects are also a must. This role would suit someone who is looking for an entry level position or has some experience in the financial markets.
Fluency in English and Italian is mandatory; fluency in an additional European language is desirable but not essential.
This role encompasses the performance of regulated activity. The successful candidate will therefore be subject to meeting regulatory requirements in the assessment of fitness, propriety, knowledge and competence (as assessed by the Firm) and (where appropriate) approval by the relevant regulatory authorities to carry out such activities.