Asset & Wealth Management, Wealth Management, Fixed Income, Currencies and Commodities (FICC) Analyst
This entry-level position (geared to individuals with little or no full-time work experience) is part of The Asset Management Analyst Program and is applicable to individuals who have recently earned a Bachelor's or Master's degree at an accredited school. Though most hires into the Program are recruited through our formal campus recruitment efforts, we sometimes conduct supplemental recruitment of candidates with a similar level of experience and academic achievement as our campus hires. This role would suit someone who has some experience in the financial markets; however, experienced professionals should apply to positions outside of this Program.
J.P. Morgan Private Bank is a global wealth management leader that delivers the highest quality advice, service, capabilities, and products to ultra-high and high net worth individuals and families in 36 countries around the world. We enjoy relationships with 40% of the individuals on the Forbes Billionaire list making us one of the largest Private Banks worldwide in terms of client assets.
We deliver highly customised and comprehensive solutions to help clients with the many complexities they face by leveraging the capabilities of the firm. Private Banking is involved with every facet of wealth management, including investments, liquidity and credit management, and tax and estate planning. Our business model focuses on deep client relationships, an integrated team structure and a platform of depth and breadth.
Full-time Analyst Program:
You will be part of a three-year analyst program designed to provide exposure to multiple business areas within the Private Bank through training, development, and networking. At the end of the three-year program, top performing Analysts will have the opportunity to make associate by participating in an assessment day. Promotional opportunities within J.P. Morgan are based on our business needs and your performance.
The Analyst will join the Fixed Income, Currency & Commodities Solutions team, with responsibility across Fixed Income brokerage, discretionary and advisory together with FX and Commodities, based in London. The role will include supporting investors globally and will be expected to maintain and update our daily/weekly reports, presentations, performance data, portfolio reviews, research and strategy, website, general all round presentations.
The analyst will be expected to multi task in a fast-paced environment.
Key responsibilities include:
· Supporting the Private Bank Investor teams, split across FICC
· Prepare presentation materials for internal & external meetings, conduct analysis to understand business drivers, volumes, report trends
· Supporting the EMEA CPM's for all Global Fixed Income Segregated Portfolios, IP's, pitches & performance
· Performance & portfolio analysis and reporting (often customized) for Discretionary Fixed Income Segregated Mandates & Advisory Portfolio's
· Escalate and / or resolve client issues; track and measure recurring themes for systemic issues and opportunities
· Maintain internal websites & databases, dashboard
· Contributing to content for Morning Meetings, Opportunity Calls
· Collaborating with Investors, Middle-Office, Risk Management, Portfolio Construction, Supervisory Management and the Global Investments Solutions Team on various business projects
· Very motivated individual who wants to succeed in fast-paced and demanding environment
· Strong analytical, sales, interpersonal and communication skills, Client focused with a tenacity to resolve issues and conflicts, high energy and enthusiasm required to partner with multiple stakeholders
· Advanced Excel Skills ie Vlookups and Pivot Tables are essential, VBA preferred.
· Advanced users of Powerpoint are particularly sought.
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills
· Excellent organisational skills
· Minimum 2:1 bachelor's degree or equivalent
· Sharp attention to detail
· Self-starter who takes initiative
· Economics degree, ideally with a Economics/ financial Masters is preferable
· Market experience would be preferable
· Demonstrated interest in the capital markets
We seek candidates with strong interpersonal and analytical skills who excel in building and maintaining relationships, have an entrepreneurial mind-set and are able to efficiently work in a large team spread over a number of geographical locations. Candidates must demonstrate an interest and knowledge in financial markets and asset management as well as possess excellent organisational and time management skills, attention-to-detail and the ability to quickly adapt to changing environment. You will be expected to multi-task and work to tight deadlines. Initiative, enthusiasm and confidence to complete projects are also a must.
Fluency in English is mandatory; fluency in an additional European language is beneficial but not essential for this role.