Compliance – UK Advisory Compliance Officer / Manager — VP or Associate — Based in London
A vacancy has arisen working within the JP Morgan Asset Management Compliance Team for an experienced Compliance Officer/Compliance Manager to join a team which provides regulatory advice and support to the asset management business. This is a high profile and exciting role and the candidate must possess sufficient knowledge and experience to be able to deal a wide range of products and complex issues.
This role will primarily be responsible for:
· providing general compliance advice to the business;
· participation in the review and approval of new products;
· review and approve new issues/IPOs and wall crossings;
· assisting with client queries relating to investment management agreements;
· participating in new client pitches and due diligence visits by existing clients;
· assisting with bespoke client and regulatory reporting requests;
· assisting in the development, documentation and introduction of policies, procedures and controls, including the co-ordination of consistent policies and procedures across JPMAM;
· attending business control forums;
· attending board meetings;
· liaise with other compliance teams based in overseas offices (e.g. US, Hong Kong, Japan, Continental Europe, etc.);
· maintaining an up to date knowledge of the regulatory environment, specifically within the UK and US;
· analysing the impact of new regulations within the business environment, ensuring the business is prepared and made aware of these changes;
· advising employees on their regulatory responsibilities;
· assisting with compliance training;
· assist with the identification and transition of activities from first line of defence to the second;
· conduct monitoring tasks as required;
· general administrative tasks including collation of committee papers and minute taking;
· as a member of the advisory team, there will also be scope for involvement and input into wider compliance issues arising across the business.
Good academic or professional qualifications;
Relevant experience in a compliance advisory role within a Legal or Compliance Department, consultancy firm or regulator;
A practical working knowledge of equity and fixed income products is preferred, but derivative and alternative product knowledge would be advantageous;
Asset management experience is preferred but strong candidates with an investment banking background will be considered;
A comprehensive knowledge of regulations that affect front office operations;
An ability to navigate the FCA Handbook or the ability to learn is essential;
A good working knowledge of UCITs is desired;
A good knowledge of US regulations, or the ability to acquire this in a fast-moving environment, is preferred.
The ability to form and develop relationships at all levels of the business is a critical element of this position. The successful candidate will have a strong and outgoing personality, with the ability to successfully represent themselves and the Compliance Function. The following skills are also required:
ability to act on own initiative and fulfil objectives with minimum supervision;
ability to constantly prioritise workflow;
good analytical skills;
attention to detailand good organisation skills;
ability to work effectively within a team;
strong written and oral communication skills;
willingness to learn and develop new skills.
About J.P. Morgan Chase & Co:
J.P. Morgan serves one of the largest client franchises in the world. Our clients include corporations, institutional investors, hedge funds, governments and affluent individuals in more than 100 countries. J.P. Morgan is part of JPMorgan Chase & Co. (NYSE: JPM), a leading global financial services firm with assets of $2.1 trillion. The firm is a leader in investment banking, financial services for consumers, small business and commercial banking, financial transaction processing, asset management, and private equity. A component of the Dow Jones Industrial Average, JPMorgan Chase serves millions of clients and consumers under its JPMorgan and Chase, and WaMu brands.
J.P. Morgan offers an exceptional benefits program and a highly competitive compensation package. J.P. Morgan is an Equal Opportunity Employer