Asset Management - Business Control Officer - Snr Associate
J.P. Morgan Asset Management (AM) is a leading investment manager of choice for institutions, financial intermediaries and individual investors, worldwide. With a heritage of more than two centuries, a broad range of core and alternative strategies, and investment professionals operating in every major world market, we offer investment experience and insight that few other firms can match.
Global Finance & Business Management (GF&BM) covering the Global Liquidity (GL) business in AM, is responsible for implementing and strengthening the business control framework in partnership with business support groups such as Legal, Compliance, Oversight & Control (O&C) and the Strategy & Execution (S&E) control teams.
The Business Control Officer (BCO) is a broad based role within the AM GF&BM team. The BCO will support the activities of the GL Business and Regional Business Managers (BM) on various control related activities and initiatives with local, global and Firm wide implications. Key areas of focus to support this effort will include:
· Office of Legal Obligations (OLO) – Initially, the primary focus will be to work with O&C and S&E to identify and map procedures that demonstrate compliance with obligation & partner with broader Assessment Team members including Legal, Compliance, and Risk, to complete procedure sufficiency analysis.
· Regulatory and audit exam management – support regulatory and audit requests and issue tracking and resolution; compilation of presentations to facilitate credible challenge process with respect to actions taken to address regulatory issues.
· Risk control self-assessments (RCSA) – GL program support and validation: data analysis, stakeholder communications, execution of enhancements to Conflicts of Interest and Fiduciary Frameworks, and presentations to facilitate RCSA process; respond to RCSA program information requests; business support including evidence collection and guidance on testing instructions.
· Error resolution and management – support GL BMs globally to perform root cause analysis and recommend remediation proposals to avoid reoccurrence
· Collaboration - support GL BMs globally with any control related issues and responsibilities
Knowledge, skills and experience required:
· Preferred background/experience:
· Knowledge of Fixed Income markets, especially money fund products and processes
· Solid years controls management, legal and compliance, management consulting, or equivalent experience in complex financial enterprises; knowledge of asset management businesses, risk & controls preferred
· Knowledge of laws, rules and regulations applicable to asset management businesses (for candidates in the U.S. this would include, for example, the Investment Advisers Act, the Investment Company Act or OCC Regulations applicable to fiduciary activities)
· The ideal candidate will have experience reviewing, writing or advising on policies and procedures
· Creative problem solving skills – ability to approach an issue/initiative with a pragmatic, commercially reasonable approach to achieve desired outcomes
· Strong analytical capabilities, ability to synthesize data sets and identify key themes, propose solutions
· Strong communication skills both verbal and written, attention to detail and ability to target a wide range of audiences with credibility
· Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to successfully engage and influence a broad range of individuals across various businesses and key support functions
· Outstanding teamwork and interpersonal skills who can integrate effectively within a fast moving, driven team
· Self-starter with the ability to think creatively and laterally
· Attention to detail with logical thought process
· Ability to influence others and successfully navigate a complex internal infrastructure that involves numerous groups and individuals to get things done
About J.P. Morgan's Corporate & Investment Bank
J.P. Morgan's Corporate & Investment Bank is a global leader across banking, markets and investor services. The world's most important corporations, governments and institutions entrust us with their business in more than 100 countries. With $18 trillion of assets under custody and $393 billion in deposits, the Corporate & Investment Bank provides strategic advice, raises capital, manages risk and extends liquidity in markets around the world. Further information about J.P. Morgan is available at www.jpmorgan.com .
JPMorgan Chase & Co. offers an exceptional benefits program and a highly competitive compensation package. JPMorgan Chase & Co. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.